Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate this car. It's everything I don't want... and I can never leave. My payments were keeping up with depreciation, until Mazda decided, "hey 2016 Touring buyers, get bent." The 2017 Touring has so many better options and features a 2016 Touring is all but worthless now. I'm so glad I stuck with Mazda. They're a great company. I will never buy a first year run of any car ever again. And I will never buy a Mazda, ever or tell anyone I know to even look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't care that they were offering new stuff if the car was good. But it's got the worst aspects of a cheap econo-box, a cramped sports car, and an unwieldy SUV. Tell me one upside about this car.

·
Registered
234 Posts
A car purchase is a big thing. So despite reviews, interviews, and I'm assuming you test drove yours that it would help set the tone on whether or not this is the car for you. In the end you pulled the trigger on getting this car so its on you dude. For all my needs this car is nearly perfect for me. Clearly this car did fit your needs and yet you did keep it.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I hate this car. It's everything I don't want... and I can never leave. My payments were keeping up with depreciation, until Mazda decided, "hey 2016 Touring buyers, get bent." The 2017 Touring has so many better options and features a 2016 Touring is all but worthless now. I'm so glad I stuck with Mazda. They're a great company. I will never buy a first year run of any car ever again. And I will never buy a Mazda, ever or tell anyone I know to even look.
So let me get this straight. You’re not keen right?

·
Super Moderator
549 Posts
So, you're going to die owning this car? I mean, never is a pretty long time but I figure you didn't take out a 30 year mortgage on it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A person buying a car he or she hates....where is the personal responsibility for this.You hate it that's fine,you bought it that's your problem and nobody else's.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Slev, don't know where you're from, or what you do ... but I gather you've nobody to blame when you second guess your decisions.

For most of us on this forum, the CX-3 is more than "just a vehicle." But with all due respect, it might be for you, that's exactly what it should be.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What an interesting thread.

Possibly the CX3 was a compulsive buy and your feeling you got it wrong.

However if you spent time reading the reviews, watching a few YouTube drive tests and test drove one first it would be hard not to have got most of the short comings of the model and understand the segment its aimed at.

Like any new car you loose weight in your wallet when you buy it then again once it leaves the dealer when it depreciates immediately.

Churning it quickly is always a $$ loss situation but if you feel so bad about it,sell it, cut your loss and move on. The mental anguish your having around this is not worth the $ loss.

I for one still love the CX3 and have no intention of swapping it out. I accept what its is an enjoy that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Being that 2016 was the first year model for CX-3, we are gambling on potential issues that might not be completely sorted out. Having said that, I am completely happy with mine, so far. I actually opted to get the 2016 Model Touring Trim with Premium Package instead of the 2017 model because the price is about the same. Other than the 18" wheels, there really isn't anything different between the '16 and '17, at least for the Touring Trim.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hate my CX3 but…..

I hate my CX3 but…..
(This is a mirror image of the “I love my CX3 but….” Thread}
But…..
It really is a good looking car.
It is less practical than, for example, a Honda HX, but I am a widower, 80 years old, and don’t need all that extra space.
Its AWD is spectacularly good (I use my CX3 mainly to go back and forth between my house on the Med coast and my house in the Alps and, starting now, often in snow.)
The automatic transmission is also really good (the first one I have ever had in over 60 years of owning cars) and not having to clutch every two minutes when going up the narrow mountain road is a real blessing (and I use the paddle shifters, manual mode shifting, and sport mode as well as needed.)
After a year of driving my CX3, I am still learning about its technical quirks (I just learned, a few weeks ago, that, even after locking the car, you can still open the back hatch without unlocking if the key is in your pocket, but when you leave the car, it remains totally locked.)
So really, I don’t at all hate my CX3 --- it is a wonderful car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow, so I guess you're not happy with it huh? May I respectfully ask what were your expectations when you purchased the CX-3 (which were obviously not met)? I am curious. What did you drive before the CX-3? My situation was that I came from an Acura MDX; a totally different vehicle, though a crossover/SUV like the CX-3 (though much larger). In my case, needs and expectations for my personal ride changed significantly (due mainly to my retirement), so the CX-3 fit those new requirements nicely even though it is a much different vehicle in many respects. Before buying my CX-3 GT, I test-drove one on three different occasions at three different dealers, plus had my wife test-drive one another time. I made sure that I was sure. If you're that unhappy, did you try to speak with the dealer you bought from? Perhaps a different Mazda is more to your liking. You'll probably take a financial hit of some sort on a swap, but keeping it is not worth staying miserable for a long time. Best of luck to you.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
If you're that unhappy, did you try to speak with the dealer you bought from? Perhaps a different Mazda is more to your liking. You'll probably take a financial hit of some sort on a swap, but keeping it is not worth staying miserable for a long time.
Exactly, but this guy would rather belly ache than cough up. It the car is that bad and the money is so tight, swap it in for a second hand something else.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.