Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love, love, love my CX3! 2nd one sold in Colorado! A couple actually came in while I was in the purchase process and offered the sales manager $1000 more if they could buy it out from me :D

I got the GT, with iActive, Parchment Interior and Remote Start. Drive's great, is pretty peppy, especially between 3k to 6k RPM.

Only Con so far: My water cup (Plastic Insulated cup with a straw) won't fit in the center cup holder, but it fits in the door fine.

Will post interior pic's today.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
!

Congrats! I guess that answers the questions about i-Activ models actually shipping.

The door cupholder is a too often forgotten substitute for the center console holders.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Awesome.

The picture you posted is a good reference for how the CX-3 is sized sitting right next to an Econoline which we're all familiar with. Good for those that have yet to see a CX-3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats, shasta7347!

I'm actually in Colorado myself and planning to test drive a few CX-3s maybe as early as today. I was worried that the high altitude would impact engine performance but it seems like it's working well for you?

If you don't mind can you share what you paid out the door? I'm probably going to opt for the GT-iActive package as well but only if I can keep everything under $30,000. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey SpringsMan,
We payed just a hair over $31,000, but $1800 of that was to add the Remote start, Windows Tint, Clear Bra, all weather mats, and the interior anti-stain treatment. There was a few other options in there as well.

I'm assuming your in the Colorado Springs Based on your name? We are too. We wound up going to Denver to purchase ours because we couldn't get the Madza dealer in the Springs to give us an accurate update on their inventory. Their webpage showed they had the CX3, but then couldn't tell us where the car was. haha. Crazy.

I'm happy with the engine performance, so I don't think the altitude has much of a difference

Congrats, shasta7347!

I'm actually in Colorado myself and planning to test drive a few CX-3s maybe as early as today. I was worried that the high altitude would impact engine performance but it seems like it's working well for you?

If you don't mind can you share what you paid out the door? I'm probably going to opt for the GT-iActive package as well but only if I can keep everything under $30,000. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey SpringsMan,
We payed just a hair over $31,000, but $1800 of that was to add the Remote start, Windows Tint, Clear Bra, all weather mats, and the interior anti-stain treatment. There was a few other options in there as well.

I'm assuming your in the Colorado Springs Based on your name? We are too. We wound up going to Denver to purchase ours because we couldn't get the Madza dealer in the Springs to give us an accurate update on their inventory. Their webpage showed they had the CX3, but then couldn't tell us where the car was. haha. Crazy.

I'm happy with the engine performance, so I don't think the altitude has much of a difference
Oh excellent, thanks for that as it'll give me a reference point to negotiate. I don't think I'll need that many options but I'll be getting the remote starter as well, and probably a few other items (such as the auto-dimming mirror).

Were you at least able to test drive locally, or did you have to go to Denver for that too? I drove by Bob Penkhus's lot a few times this week but never see any CX-3s. Weird, considering they have like SIXTEEN on their website listed, you'd think they'd at least have one you could test drive. :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
It looks amazing and congratulations on getting there just in the nick of time. Did you find the first Cx3 owner in Colorado and chat about your new rides? :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
It looks amazing and congratulations on getting there just in the nick of time. Did you find the first Cx3 owner in Colorado and chat about your new rides? :D
Might be a good opportunity for that connection to be made here if it hasn't already. Anyone getting a vehicle that soon before anyone else more than likely isn't the average buyer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just test drove one today! Good Lord is that a nice looking car. :D

Unfortunately I found it a bit cramped and noisy on the road. It's very responsive but it also revs up heavy which adds to the noise. I found the CX-5 to be a bit more quieter and there was no arguing the roomier cargo space and back seats. Hard decision though, since the trade-off is I'd pay less for the CX-3 and get somewhat better mileage.

The HUD display is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in a car and definitely takes some getting used to. It's not obtrusive though, and you'll forget it's even there once you start driving. :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
I agree on the HUD. Its unexpected but you get used to it. BMW is now offering this on their new models. It's great that Mazda offers this and other connivence features not found on its competitors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts