Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the i-activesense components of CX-3. I'm hoping that someone has an answer, perhaps someone who has been working closely with a dealer.

The official Mazda press kit and several press releases state that the CX-3 GT technology option includes BOTH the SBC AND SCBS. But in reading all the press articles no one mentions SBS only SCBS. Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks for reading my post and hopefully someone knows.

Alan

(PS - you can't contact Mazda's PR department unless you are a working press writer.)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I have a question regarding the i-activesense components of CX-3. I'm hoping that someone has an answer, perhaps someone who has been working closely with a dealer.

The official Mazda press kit and several press releases state that the CX-3 GT technology option includes BOTH the SBC AND SCBS. But in reading all the press articles no one mentions SBS only SCBS. Does anyone know which is correct?

Thanks for reading my post and hopefully someone knows.

Alan

(PS - you can't contact Mazda's PR department unless you are a working press writer.)
The SBS is really adaptive cruise control. I can tell you that none of the UK spec vehicles have it but strangely just across the English Channel in France they do. If you can get to see one of these GTs, the way to tell if it has it is by looking at the emblem on the grill. If the emblem is flat, it has the SBS as the radar sensor is incorporated into that badge. If the emblem is a normal contoured one. it does not have SBS. This is the CX3 brake system overview and you can see it says “if fitted”.

Mods. Can you increase the size of the pdf attachment limit please? 20kb is very small.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The SBS is really adaptive cruise control.
SBS and radar cruise control are two different things. If you just had RCC and the car in front of you slammed on their brakes RCC would turn off and you would have to apply the brakes yourself. If you had SBS the car would apply the brakes for you.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
SBS and radar cruise control are two different things. If you just had RCC and the car in front of you slammed on their brakes RCC would turn off and you would have to apply the brakes yourself. If you had SBS the car would apply the brakes for you.
Adaptive Cruise Control is a generic term for a cruise control system that will make adjustments on behalf of the driver. I never used the term RCC which may be a specific term used by a particular manufacturer.

Adaptive Cruise Control - HowStuffWorks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control is a generic term for a cruise control system that will make adjustments on behalf of the driver. I never used the term RCC which may be a specific term used by a particular manufacturer.

Adaptive Cruise Control - HowStuffWorks
I meant to type MRCC (Mazda Radar Cruise Control). It, however, will not apply the brakes if a collision is imminent. SBS (Smart Brake Support) will apply the brakes automatically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts