Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to have their i-Activesense features recalibrated? Soon I'm having my cracked windshield replaced and the glass company said I need to have the i-Activesense features recalibrated by the dealer.

Curious if anyone has had to have this done? Cost? Everything okay afterwards?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You've got this cluster of sensors around the mirror, right DJ?

I've looked through my files and I haven't downloaded the one for the actual screen change but I've had that cowl off several times to play with the mirror and route the dashcam wire etc. If you get your fingers either side of the mirror stalk and ease the sides outward the clam shell will separate. If you look at all of the sensors, they clip into the housing and all unplug from the wiring harness. It might be worth a call to the dealer but my feeling is that the glass guy is being cautious- some cars have the radar cruise camera up there which is adjustable. The CX-3 has it behind the emblem on the radiator grille. I think as long as you don't switch the ignition on while it is all unplugged, it should all boot up fine afterwards.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have all those sensors and radars. The glass shop said not to rely on those safety features until the dealer re collaborates everything. I guess they are being cautious that during the windshield replacement process, the sensors may be slightly out of focus or adjustment so they play it safe and folks to the dealer after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts