Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking of buying a GT CX 3 with the I-ActiveSense package. I have two questions:
1) Is it really worth it?
2) Will it render my radar detector useless?

Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
It was worth it to me. But we're all different. Rain sensing wipers were a must and I've fallen in love with radar cruise control (assuming you're in the US). Rear cross traffic is really handy too as it notifies if anyone/thing is coming out from behind vehicle to your sides.

I don't use a radar detector so no idea if there is interference.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have just the base-GT; I considered the additional package but ultimately went without. It's my 4th month of ownership; never once did I think "wish I got the extra package". It's very well equipped already.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Regardless of how any one drives, You can still get caught out, so especially the smart brake systems can help in an emergency.
We are very happy that we got the whole package (it's part of the highest trim level in Denmark), especially the radar cruise control is great.
The lane departure warning system is not a must and can be bit of a pain, but we've set it to least intrusive, so we can live with it (I don't want to turn it off every time I'm going for a drive).
We use the auto headlights and auto highbeam all the time and we love it now same with rain sensors.

So my recomendation is to get it, if only to get the radar cruise control ;-)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Regardless of how any one drives, You can still get caught out, so especially the smart brake systems can help in an emergency.
We are very happy that we got the whole package (it's part of the highest trim level in Denmark), especially the radar cruise control is great.
The lane departure warning system is not a must and can be bit of a pain, but we've set it to least intrusive, so we can live with it (I don't want to turn it off every time I'm going for a drive).
We use the auto headlights and auto highbeam all the time and we love it now same with rain sensors.

So my recomendation is to get it, if only to get the radar cruise control ;-)
Except in Canada! You can't get adaptive cruise or smart braking in Canada. I know I go on about this, but I can't for the life of me understand why Mazda Canada will not at least make these an option for buyers in Canada :mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Except in Canada! You can't get adaptive cruise or smart braking in Canada. I know I go on about this, but I can't for the life of me understand why Mazda Canada will not at least make these an option for buyers in Canada :mad:
I agree with You, it makes no sense.
I know they can't get in the UK either (which doesn't help and still isn't making any sense).

·
Registered
272 Posts
These features (smart braking, adaptive cruise) is heavily regulated and safety standards are VERY strict here in Canada (compared to the states.)

My guess is either the current setting failed the requirements, or they were not able to get it properly evaluated in time when they released this vehicle in 2015. I'd imagine later model years, 2017, 18 will have this if demand for CX-3 is good enough to justify Mazda adhering to Canadian standards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts