Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Happy New year to you too!

Yes I just updated mine and it requires plugging the SD card into a computer. You need to download/install the Mazda Toolbox application for Windows or Mac. Once you install the software and plug in your SD card, you will be prompted to create an account and it'll guide you from there.

Go here to get the software: https://mazda-na.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads

I'm not sure if "mazda-na" means this is for North America only or not, so it might be different for other regions. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy New year to you too!

Yes I just updated mine and it requires plugging the SD card into a computer. You need to download/install the Mazda Toolbox application for Windows or Mac. Once you install the software and plug in your SD card, you will be prompted to create an account and it'll guide you from there.

Go here to get the software: https://mazda-na.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads

I'm not sure if "mazda-na" means this is for North America only or not, so it might be different for other regions. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
It took 1hr 50 mins to install the files in the SD card. Thx !

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm glad we can update the maps ourselves free for 3 years.

The Infotainment system firmware software can only be updated at the dealer.

Next map update usually is in March/April

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm glad we can update the maps ourselves free for 3 years.

The Infotainment system firmware software can only be updated at the dealer.

Next map update usually is in March/April
Have you been able to get a recent map update? I'm in the UK and have tried twice recently, via the Toolbox app, and there isn't a new version available :( The label text file in the root area on my SD card is dated Oct 15th 2015.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I did get a response from the European Mazda Hands Free Support team :-

"Generally, there are two updates per year, however we do not know when the next update will be available. We kindly ask you to check the Toolbox regularly ................. We apologize for the unsatisfying response."

Sure was unstatisfactory !!! Would have hoped they'd find out why there is a delay and get some idea of when it would be released. Especially when on the Naviextras website it clearly states 'These map updates will be released twice each year in the autumn and spring.'

I will be replying to the Hands Free Support asking for more information and will post here if I get any.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I heard a rumour which I hope is true. This rumour indicates that Mazda is rewriting the firmware to allow for Apple Car Play and Android Drive. But that was a couple of months ago and I have not seen anything since to substantiate it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Referring to an earlier post of mine, today I received a 2nd response from the Mazda Handsfree Support team but it was just as unsatisfactory as their first - this time it was :-

"We understand your frustration, however we are unable to offer a different response. Once the map update is released it still needs to be approved by many different departments. In this case we kindly ask you to contact your dealer or Mazda directly for more information."

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today I tried to update the map data through MAZDA TOOLBOX. I live in Sweden and therefore I have the whole Europe map data. Mazda Toolbox says I don't have enough free space on my SD card. Now it turns out that the most recent update is larger than the SD-card (over 7.5 GB). I called MAZDA SWEDEN and found out that the problem is known, and that they work to find a solution.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh so there is a new update. nice. Thats a very big update, looking forward to install it.
I also live in Sweden. Please write back when yo get to know something new.
Maybe i also should call them, put some more pressure on them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I emailed Mazda my concerns about the size of the SD Card and that mine was almost full and wouldn't be able to cope with an update

They replied that the Card was unique to the system and there will not be a problem

I think not

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ignored all the stuff about only using a genuine Naviextras SD card.

In December, I updated the maps on my original Mazda SD card supplied with the car. I have since used the backup option in Mazda Toolbox software to backup the original card to my laptop computer and used the restore option to restore the backup to a blank formatted SanDisk 32GB SD card.

Both Mazda Toolbox and the car sat nav seem quite happy with my SanDisk card. The SD diags section of the latest version of Mazda Toolbox software shows my VIN number etc and says card is valid.

I haven't tried a map update on it yet because there isn't one available, but I don't envisage there being a problem. I have 30416MB free space on the card.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today I tried to update the map data through MAZDA TOOLBOX. I live in Sweden and therefore I have the whole Europe map data. Mazda Toolbox says I don't have enough free space on my SD card. Now it turns out that the most recent update is larger than the SD-card (over 7.5 GB). I called MAZDA SWEDEN and found out that the problem is known, and that they work to find a solution.
Now it works. I just tried and got an update:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bosse...what was the update.Anything you notised?Do you have any ver. number?

On the map pack, I can not find a version number. I have not had time to drive to some place where I discovered errors earlier. I got my car delivered in November 2015 and folders on the SD card was dated May 2015. I guess you got a newer map version if you got your car in the spring in 2016.

How can I see what map version I have installed?

·
Registered
226 Posts
November 2015 are the latest maps for Europe
My suspicion is still that no new update has been released due to SD card space
Got an e-mail reply today from Mazda UK Customer Services, following my note sent last week asking about the delay in the Spring 2016 map update. The reply said :-

"Mazda provides 3 years of free updates for the most accurate and enjoyable driving experience. These map updates will be released up to two times each year and the updated maps are available up to two times per year."

So has Mazda changed their update and release frequency and now states it is Up to two times per year, rather than two times per year? Sneaky !!! Wonder what is the chance the supposed Oct / Nov 2016 update will be released on time? A once yearly map update is hardly in my book "most accurate" :(

Edit: Just rechecked the Mazda MZD Connect website https://mazda-eu.naviextras.com/shop/portal/newCatalog?selectedTab=1 where it still says "Mazda provides 3 years of free updates for the most accurate and enjoyable driving experience. These map updates will be released twice each year in the autumn and spring." So it does seem their policy has gone from twice to up to twice grrrr.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts