Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried running the accessory power for a long time? I'm sure it depends a bit on the battery, but do you think I could listen to the radio for a couple hours without killing it?

·
Registered
327 Posts
The day after I got mine I went on a road trip up to Door County with my wife for a romantic weekend. We went to a drive in movie theater and the car automatically shut off after, I think it was around 30 minutes, on accessory mode. When it happened, I freaked out, thinking I had somehow killed the battery already. I didn't, but I started it up and let it run for a while to charge it up a bit just in case.

I haven't bothered to read up on how to change this function.

As far as run time goes, I imagine this largely depends if you have the Bose system or not.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
There are no changeable settings for that. It will protect the battery by shutting of all auxiliaries and interior lights.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There are no changeable settings for that. It will protect the battery by shutting of all auxiliaries and interior lights.
You can set the auto turn off for interior lights for 10, 30 or 60 minutes.
Don't know if it affects to audio system also. Mine is set for 30 min.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
You can set the auto turn off for interior lights for 10, 30 or 60 minutes.
Don't know if it affects to audio system also. Mine is set for 30 min.
Quite right , you can.

However, you can leave the auxiliaries on via the accessory position on the start button and it will switch everything off including the trunk light automatically.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Got to admit I am really, really glad this was added to the CX3. With my previous car (a tricked out Subaru Forester Limited) I had my battery go flat and unable to start the car on three different occasions. In each case I discovered that I had left the map light on (not LED) when I left the car and the battery was totally flat the next morning. So far with the CX3 I found that I had the map light on when I started the car on at least one cold morning - no problem!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses! Glad to hear the car is smart enough to preserve its own battery. We're looking at going to the drive-in, too, so I'll probably bring along the little battery radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts