Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this even possible? the setting seems to be grayed out, but I do have access to historical traffic data, but it would be nice to have live traffic too.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Think I read the same issue for the MX-5. Not sure if it's true but it's grayed out if you're not in coverage area.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My live traffic maps update approximately every ten minutes with no action on my part. This is in an urban area... Chicago suburbs. I haven't had the CX3 in rural areas yet where the signal may be weaker.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But if live traffic data is unavailable, how is the historic data available? Doesn't it save traffic history from live data? I'm just a little confused on how it works I guess. I live in the Washington DC suburbs so I would think it would be a coverage area.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I note that on that screen you're not actually in 'Traffic Settings' - what are the options once you enter Traffic Settings?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already downloaded Mazda Toolbox and used it to update the map, I didn't see any other options regarding traffic. Could this be another one of those idiotic differences between different regions? I didn't even think it was possible to connect the car to a wifi hotspot, I don't know where that option would be.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently Mazda removed wifi capabilities for some reason. Basically they removed the most important feature of their infotainment system. Absolutely ridiculous. Mazda can't afford to do ridiculous crap like this and lose customers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That IS strange, as you're quite right, some form of connectivity is required for live updates. I'm waiting on Anchorman to enlighten us - if we say his name three times, will that make him appear? haha ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha yeah he always has the information. I found some old reddit and other forum posts though that say Mazda discontinued their Connected Services. You can renable wifi by hacking into your car, but it is largely useless since there are no services to connect to anymore.

I guess Android Auto and Apple Carplay are the future. Would've been nice if our 2016 models had them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In fact I was just looking at those same threads. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason was that no one was willing to pay for a connection subscription - I know I wouldn't.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True, if I had to pay for it, screw it lol. I'm hoping Mazda will add Android and Apple as an update next year, many car companies will be doing that next year. It should just be a software update so it shouldn't require buying a new car. If they did that I could just use Google Maps which is far superior to any car's navigation I've used.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That IS strange, as you're quite right, some form of connectivity is required for live updates. I'm waiting on Anchorman to enlighten us - if we say his name three times, will that make him appear? haha ;)
Be careful if you say his name three times he turns into voldemort......

I can only speak for the UK in terms of live traffic, but I have to connect to a wifi hotspot on my phone and the phone has a data connection and it pulls the info from the data connection, works well although sometimes it has a hissy fit with the iPhone, used it tonight coming home from work and missed all the Christmas traffic jams, it auto re routed twice. After my three months I had to subscribe, iirc it cost $80 for 3 years. There is a option in the UK to get traffic info from the radio RDS-TMC similar I believe to the Sirius option but mazda UK in their wisdom didn't want to include this in the car although looking at the nav manual it is supported.

Hope my ramblings help :nerd:

Wifi is enabled and working on the UK spec no hacking required.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is the thing about Mazda that gets on my nerves. These random differences in settings between regions. Makes no sense.

Are you folks able to access live traffic, weather, and other information that depend on wifi connection?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've purposely stayed back from this thread because I'm not sure what the regional variations bring. In the UK We have the options Gus has mentioned. I know in the US you have the satellite options and I don't know exactly how you get your traffic info.

So there!

I'm quite good on the mechanical stuff if that is any help

1 - 20 of 32 Posts