Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new Grand Touring tonight and it says I have no navigation system on this car. I thought the Grand Touring came with navigation--that's why I bought this trim level. Am I missing something? The booklet states I need to insert an SD card. Where would I find it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
240 Posts
@shandycat where are you located? Maybe it is a different spec in the region you are in. I bought the Mid level here in Canada I think it is the GS, I bought the nav card seperate online for $120. I got lucky on the price. All works awesome.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where'd you buy the nav card? I would love to get one for that price :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@shandycat where are you located? Maybe it is a different spec in the region you are in. I bought the Mid level here in Canada I think it is the GS, I bought the nav card seperate online for $120. I got lucky on the price. All works awesome.
I'm in the states, specifically Atlanta, GA. I bought the top trim level (Grand Touring) because the specs indicate it comes with navigation. I took that to mean it came with navigation! Not sure what to do or what to ask. What does "navigation" mean? Why did I pay $2500 more for a trim level that comes with navigation if you still have to buy it separately, ya know?

·
Registered
872 Posts
The dealer has a SD card that they need either give you or have you come in and they insert it. They hold the separately until after purchase so they aren't taken. After the SD card is used in the vehicle it is then paired with the VIN and can't be used elsewhere.

Because dealers hold the SD cards, they may forget to install it at delivery. Although the sales person should of known this when they did the features and benefits review of your Mazda post delivery.

In short, contact your dealer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
@shandycat that is right I remember now that you are in Atlanta, I think we spoke before about how much I missed The restaurant Uncle julios haha. I would go back to the dealership and speak with them. If you were told you supposed to have it then they should honor it. Even check in your Manual package, maybe the SD Card is in there? @DJ9999 I think your answer is the correct one!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Your dealer probably forgot to insert the card, just talk to them, there shouldn't be any extra fees. Mine almost did when I bought the car but I had to remind him before I drove off, and he went and grabbed the SD card.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't all CX 3s have the head unit and those without the GT and grand touring package would just have to add SD card to make it functional for the navigation to work?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't all CX 3s have the head unit and those without the GT and grand touring package would just have to add SD card to make it functional for the navigation to work?
I think they all come with that head unit. I have the mid level and I bought the card cheap off a local guy that worked for Mazda.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The dealer has a SD card that they need either give you or have you come in and they insert it. They hold the separately until after purchase so they aren't taken. After the SD card is used in the vehicle it is then paired with the VIN and can't be used elsewhere.

Because dealers hold the SD cards, they may forget to install it at delivery. Although the sales person should of known this when they did the features and benefits review of your Mazda post delivery.

In short, contact your dealer.
My dealer almost forgot. It only came to light as he was running through stuff before I drove off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@shandycat that is right I remember now that you are in Atlanta, I think we spoke before about how much I missed The restaurant Uncle julios haha. I would go back to the dealership and speak with them. If you were told you supposed to have it then they should honor it. Even check in your Manual package, maybe the SD Card is in there? @DJ9999 I think your answer is the correct one!
Yes, turns out the dealer forgot. I received ZERO instruction on the features/benefits of the car. When I came in to sign the final papers I was probably in there all of six minutes, had two fobs thrown at me, and got an over-the-shoulder "Call if you have any questions!" on my way out. NOT a pleasant dealer experience, to say the least.

And that wasn't me you spoke with earlier. Atlantan's must be in a Mazda mood. But I do know Uncle Julio's! Mmmm.......

·
Registered
272 Posts
To turn on navigation you have to do the following:

1) make sure car is on, or at least battery connected.
2) put both hands on the steering wheel
3) Clearly, say out loud: "JARVIS, ACTIVATE NAVIGATION" in the best Robert Downey Jr. Voice possible
4) Your navigation is now up and operational.

GL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To turn on navigation you have to do the following:

1) make sure car is on, or at least battery connected.
2) put both hands on the steering wheel
3) Clearly, say out loud: "JARVIS, ACTIVATE NAVIGATION" in the best Robert Downey Jr. Voice possible
4) Your navigation is now up and operational.

GL.
Clearly I should have at least TRIED this before making that terrible scene at the dealership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts