·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not many pics with the hood protector

·
Registered
193 Posts
Was the hood protector a Mazda or aftermarket product?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
872 Posts
The intent is to deflect from the hood thus protecting it. The aerodynamics are changed so debris that may damage the hood are deflected. The only problem with this design is it leaves an exposed gap between the grill and the hood. This area is most prone to damage.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drivers here in Calgary often call it "The Windshield Capitol" - the hope is - to deflect rocks up & over the vehicle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I want that bonnet protector. The lack of accessories in the USA is annoying. I'm waiting here with cash ready to spend. What is taking so long?

Bonnet protector
Front side wind deflectors
Roof rail system

I'd buy all three right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Dean - Haha, old Future Shop parking lot! Recognized the location immediately. Good to see another Calgarian. So far I've only seen one other CX3 on the roads.
@idbrian - Accessories for Canada is pretty bare bones too. Although we do have wind deflectors/hood protector on our website. No all weather mats, which is dumb this time of year. I ordered weathertech mats and considering 3rd party for other stuff too. I'd like to see roof rail system as well and a cargo mat is another basic i'd like to see.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@idbrian - Accessories for Canada is pretty bare bones too. Although we do have wind deflectors/hood protector on our website. No all weather mats, which is dumb this time of year. I ordered weathertech mats and considering 3rd party for other stuff too. I'd like to see roof rail system as well and a cargo mat is another basic i'd like to see.[/QUOTE]

I got a full set of OEM CX-3 winter mats (including the trunk mat) for about $130 off of Ebay. Some dealers were given a bunch of accessories for free and they are selling them on Ebay.

If you go to the Roof Rack thread on here a person got a Rhino Rack that installs into the factory mounting points. I am about to commit to that. The Rhino Rack has the option to have the bar continue beyond the towers if you know what i mean. There is a little amount of bar beyond the tower so you can mount things over the roof rack tower (or legs). This allows you to mount more things on top when you need.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Does anyone know if Mazda has the 3M clear plastic protector that can cover the front two feet or so. It also gets applied to the front surface of the fender flares and the surface of the rear fenders facing front where they get sandblasted. I had the stuff applied to my older Forester and it stayed with the car for the seven years that I drove it. But it has to be custom cut for the model of car you have. It is really hard and almost impossible to make a lasting mark on it. I really hope that a kit can be made for the CX3.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts