Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homelink with compass rearview mirror. It will not fit in my CX-3 model because the shaft that connects from the windshield to the mirror was too short and the mirror was not able to be adjusted because of all of the sensors in the large box on the windshield. This is identified as an accessory in the large brochure for the vehicle. I wish there was a way that Mazda could come up with a little bit longer shaft for that mirror because that's all they need and then the mirror would work in that car. Because of the way the car is designed inside there's no place sensible to put a garage door opener; the one that comes with the garage, I mean. Apparently that rod would not have to be very much longer probably less than an inch and the mirror would work fine. It's a shame it's offered in the other models of the CX-3 just not the Grand Touring model.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've just tried the standard Gentex mirror from Amazon which will fit but like F1 above, it has to be pushed up close to the roof to get the angle right. As a result, the view out of the rear window tends to be pointing down. I think I will send mine back.

On top of that, my new LED reversing light bulbs...........

........... won't fit through the holes in the light units.

I hate cars. Is my beer cold yet?

Reactions: DebbieinNorCal

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I took the lights off and opened up the hole for the bulb slightly. Really impressed.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I just realized ROW models have different rear seat headrests from North American models.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anchorman, quick question on the Homelink mirror. Was the arm too short? I took the Homelink mirror apart from the wife's car. The arm comes apart. Do you think if the arm from the Mazda can be swapped over to the Homelink mirror it would drop down enough? The Homelink was easy to take apart. I still want to get this to work. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I don’t think it would work as I had the same thought myself. The ball joints on the Mazda mirror look much smaller then the Gentex mirror. However, somebody found the Mazda mirror online for $117 which doesn’t sound bad to me;

Auto Dimming Mirror with Compass - P14 - CX-3

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Can you tell what is the maximum diameter for the bulb.

15 millimeters?
They are listed as 16mm in the attached chart but I’ll measure one with a vernier tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the dealer order the dimming homelink mirror. I guess they won't be able to install it on the GT with tech. What a bummer. I wonder if anyone has tried to mcguyver it yet? All of my cars had the homelink and dimming mirrors. It would be quite an annoyance without it.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
The standard Gentex mirror won't fit with the tech pack enclosure behind the mirror but the CX-5 mirror might fit if it has the same ball joint arrangement as the standard CX-3 mirror. I'd have to see it to tell.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I picked up my red cx-3 today. The dealer installed a rearview dimming mirror that doesnt have honelink. Oh well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yup. It has a compass

·
Registered
451 Posts
I guess we will all have to put up with the little clip-on plastic box with the garage opener buttons on our Sunshades. Bummer!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a homelink/auto-dim mirror on eBay that has an extension on it that matches our mirror. I am going to give it a try this weekend and see if it works. Will keep everyone posted on my success or failure. The extension may fit the CX-3 one as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I bought a homelink/auto-dim mirror on eBay that has an extension on it that matches our mirror. I am going to give it a try this weekend and see if it works. Will keep everyone posted on my success or failure. The extension may fit the CX-3 one as well.
Can you show us some pictures? A stubby extension would allow a good old Gentex mirror with compass and or Homelink to be used without getting stiffed by Mazda.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts