Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first, I was concerned about the 3 vent layout of the CX-3. Having to share the middle vent would be an irritant.

However, I read that the new Mazda 2, with an identical layout, has also a fourth hidden longitudinal vent for the passenger (The Honda HR-V uses such a vent.)

2015 Mazda 2 unveiled ahead of debut, very Hazumi-like

It seems like a good idea to avoid concentrated air flow, however, I wonder why more expensive models (3 and 6) do not have such a vent.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh I see it now. It is kinda hidden. I wonder why they chose to design it like that instead of making it more symmetrical.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh I see it now. It is kinda hidden. I wonder why they chose to design it like that instead of making it more symmetrical.
It would look horrible if they stuck another round vent in that spot, squared and consistent with the design of the rest of the dash in that area is how it should be
thankfully you're not part of the design team :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
It would look horrible if they stuck another round vent in that spot, squared and consistent with the design of the rest of the dash in that area is how it should be
Now that you put it like that, you do have a point.
I thought a round vent would look okay their, now... I see that would be a bad idea.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I mean, hypothetically if they did put a round vent there, they would also change some other parts of the dash so that the whole thing would look cohesive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts