Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got the car Wednesday and i'm in love. any features that they don't advertise for the car that you found out on your own?
eco friendly windshield washer nozzles
hide away cup holders

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are hide away cup holders?? Where?? I'm sure i've looked everywhere.. haha
Only available with the addition of the center armrest

·
Registered
57 Posts
These aren't super hidden but worth noting:

Walk away lock. When you close the doors, car beeps once, then when you walk away it beeps again locking the doors. Must be activated in settings.

Settings lights timers in settings.

Polite horn.

TPMS is based on rotation of tires. It is passive so there are no sensors that need to be purchased/replaced when changing tires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
These aren't super hidden but worth noting:

Walk away lock. When you close the doors, car beeps once, then when you walk away it beeps again locking the doors. Must be activated in settings.

Settings lights timers in settings.

Polite horn.

TPMS is based on rotation of tires. It is passive so there are no sensors that need to be purchased/replaced when changing tires.
Good info to know, thanks!

Btw, polite horn? Do you mean the stock horn is kind of weak sounding... I would love to change mine, but cannot find any instructions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought someone already did that and posted a thread about it.
Anchorman did it, you have to take the front of the car off unless you are a gynecologist and can decorate your hall through the letter box.....

On second thoughts that may not translate into American.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anchorman did it, you have to take the front of the car off unless you are a gynecologist and can decorate your hall through the letter box.....

On second thoughts that may not translate into American.
Damn, bummer you have to remove the entire front bumper. Haha, nice joke.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was pretty pumped about being able to turn off drl's. Its the little things in life..
How do you turn off the daylight running lights? The manual says to refer to page 5-53, that page & section is all about audio. I figured out how to turn off the auto door locking when moving, but can't find the section w/codes to turnoff drls. I did find a section about setting the headlights to "auto", my 2016 Touring doesn't have that setting on the knob.

·
Registered
494 Posts
How do you turn off the daylight running lights? The manual says to refer to page 5-53, that page & section is all about audio. I figured out how to turn off the auto door locking when moving, but can't find the section w/codes to turnoff drls. I did find a section about setting the headlights to "auto", my 2016 Touring doesn't have that setting on the knob.
Cant remember off the top of my head but I know it was a setting in the infotainment screen and not an actual button. Could be under the applications also but im about 90% sure it in the settings, just scroll right through the categories in it and youll find it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cant remember off the top of my head but I know it was a setting in the infotainment screen and not an actual button. Could be under the applications also but im about 90% sure it in the settings, just scroll right through the categories in it and youll find it.
Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind turning off DRLs? I see it as a safety feature (i.e., being seen more easily by other drivers), but maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, the Personalize Settings referred back to a page in the infotainment section, but the DLR setting weren't on that page. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll scroll more through that section.

Just curious, but what's the reasoning behind turning off DRLs? I see it as a safety feature (i.e., being seen more easily by other drivers), but maybe I'm missing something. :confused:
Well, I see it as unnecessarily burning out the headlight bulbs much sooner than they would otherwise, and almost no added safety feature for me.

I can see where in the coastal regions with frequent fog, or the Pacific Northwest with frequent overcast it could be an added safety feature. But I live in southeastern Arizona where 90% of the time the days are sunny & clear. My Cx-3 is Soul Red, so drivers will see my red car much sooner than they would notice headlights on a bright sunny day. If I ever find myself in foggy/overcast conditions I can manually turn on the headlights.

·
Registered
451 Posts
In my CX3 the DRLs are rows of LEDs in a down facing curve pattern which I think is really cool. There isn't much in the way of unnecessary amperage here. The only thing I would want to include would be DRLs in the rear light clusters as well. Any illumination of my car that would make my car a bit more noticeable is a good thing IMHO.

Reactions: Brigitte

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, the Personalize Settings referred back to a page in the infotainment section, but the DLR setting weren't on that page. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll scroll more through that section.
If you are also in the states then it is strange that it should not be there. I am fairly certain they all models would have the same infotainment software settings because otherwise it would be difficult to keep up with updates especially since car manufacturers are terrible at doing so in the first place. Mine is a GT if that makes any difference.

Edit: Definitly agree with turning them off to preserve longevity. I typically despise led only lights on cars because if they ever burn out then you need to replace the entire unit from dealer which is going to cost a good amount for just the part as opposed to the classic swap a bulb fix :(

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts