Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls :)

I (and the wife) are new to Mazda and I thought I'd just say hello :)

We have just ordered a CX-3 Optimum with the 120HP Skyactiv-G.
We're hopping for an automatic but that dedpends on the dealer and what he can get for us. We're happy with either auto or manual transmission.

We should get it in the first week of December.

And we are getting it as a van (backseats will be removed), mainly due to us not having children but only dogs, and it's very much cheaper here in Denmark, when it's bought as a van.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hi Santa.

I used to love my trips to Billund and Copenhagen. I'm sure you will love the car when you get it, regardless of the transmission.

Hey you guys in the US, spare a thought for this guy, you cannot imagine what he will be paying for this car. The taxes in Denmark are even worse than the UK.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Santa

Congratulation on ordering your cx-3. I'm also sure your will enjoy it no matter what transmission you will get. I have a CX-3 Optimum 120PS, Soul Red (Manual transmission) my self and i'm very happy with the performance and economy. I'm actually pretty happy for the manual transmission, the gearshift is brilliant.

I have had it since June, done almost 8000 km now (commuting Køge-Copenhagen) and averaging around 18,5 km/l. In the heavy traffic the automatic transmission would naturally be preferred.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the board Santa! I am also a first time Mazda owner (I am from Canada) and I am beyond happy with my CX-3. I am sure you will love it, Also a very good group of people on here to chat with.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all :)

We did like the manual, so no problems with that, if we can't get the auto.

osterga: Your input on spritmonitor.de was actually one of the reasons I starting looking at the CX-3, since You're actually reaching the stated km per liter (and more).

I'm not going to mod it too much, but I am looking into getting the doors, bonnet and boot soundproofed at some stage.
And perhaps getting the frontseats (seeing they are the only ones we will have in the car) reupholstered with light or dark brown leather, but that is a year or two in the future (at least).

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Meteor Grey in the UK.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up the car yesterday.

A Jet Black 2.0 120HP Automatic in Optimum trim, which includes pretty much everything (radar cruise control, paddle shifts and all the safety gadgets).
Only available extra was the white leather interior (we didn't go for that).

Loving it and can't really find any faults or bad things with it :)

I'll take some pictures, when the weather gets better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
HI Santa,

the paddle shifters you mention - are they standard in the optimum package in DK ? I'm considering to change to an automatic as there are quite many gearshifts necessary when driving in rush hour traffic on "køge bugt motorvejen"

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI Santa,

the paddle shifters you mention - are they standard in the optimum package in DK ? I'm considering to change to an automatic as there are quite many gearshifts necessary when driving in rush hour traffic on "køge bugt motorvejen"
Yep, they are standard :)
And I totally understand the need for an automatic when driving on "køge bugt motorvejen", having driven on "Holbæk motorvejen" for several years, before I moved to Jutland ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello and welcome from SoCal. So tell us about the taxes there in Denmark can looking forward to seeing the little Jet Black!

I You sure You want to here about the taxes.....it can be a bit depressing....
Photos will follow when the weather improves (I'm not a fan of taking pictures in the rain).

About the taxes, it's basically like this:
From 0-12000 dollars, the tax is 105%
Above 12000 dollars the tax is 150% (just been knocked down from 180%).
So a Mazda CX-3 costing for example 20.000 dollars, will end up on:
(12000 dollars + 12600 tax = 24600 dollars)
+
(8000 dollars + 12000 tax = 20000 dollars)
=
44600 dollars + VAT (25%) = 55750 dollars for the car.

I've bought it as a van, which means I only pay 50% tax on the whole car which would be 30000 dollars + VAT (25%) = 37500 dollars for the same car.
Downside is that I only have the two front seats in the car, which means no passengers in the back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Some additions to the tax rules in DK:

Because Santa purchased his car without the backseats, and saved money on the registration fee, he pays a yearly additional tax on 800 USD, on top of the 260 USD in road tax. :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Some additions to the tax rules in DK:

Because Santa purchased his car without the backseats, and saved money on the registration fee, he pays a yearly additional tax on 800 USD, on top of the 260 USD in road tax. :D
Thanks, osterga....I had happily forgot about that :)

Just for info, my car: CX-3 2.0 120HP automatic in Optimum trim (top of the line) with navigation (an extra in Denmark) was 32000 dollars (or 219000 DKK)
With the backseats in it's about 43500 dollars (or 298000 DKK).
So I saved roughly 11500 dollars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts