Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased a new dynamic blue S-Touring model in AWD diesel turbo. My fiend works at the Mazda delership and said these are the last of the Japanese made CX3's they are getting, as they are now being made in Thailand.

I took delivery with tinted windows, floor mats and the Kuroi body kit in black. Driving the car with white led lighting is super crisp. I can not understand how online reviews state that the diesel is lacking in performance. It feels a lot faster due to the torque.

So here's some pics. I have just installed some OEM rain guards and this week the optional arm rest and neoprene seat covers arrive.

I've only installed a short phone holder in the cigarette socket as I found all the air vents to be hopeless to hold a phone. It's also stealth to check the phone with all the police around.

It's been good to read some threads here. Looking forward to more mods as these cars get more popular!

Cheers
Justin

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum Justin.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks great in blue, like the look with tinted windows as well.

Mine stays outside most of the time so i think I will get it tinted soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
... and some more...
Great to see another Queenslander take ownership of a CX3. One thing that I have noticed CX3 owners in Queensland doing is getting personalised plates that match the colour better than standard issue. Something to really consider since there isn't any yearly fees for these plates in Queensland like in other states

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, in fact I transferred my personalised plates from my Forester a couple of days ago =) Here's a pic of my new weather shades and phone mount. I'm going to try fitting the wheels on my forester to fill the guards more sometime over the next couple of weeks. I'll post some pics when I do. Good to see fellow Brisbane members =) I picked the car up on Monday from Oldmac Mazda at Springwood, how about you Cyclone?

Smarties - I'll save the plate pic from the forester for when I get the wheels on =)

It's my understanding, without removing the wheels that the factory 18's are 18x7 +50 offset. My aftermarket wheels are 18x8 + 20, which will fill the guards by 43mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
My one criticism of the CX3 is that cubby space below the CD player is so small many people have to put in their own after market equipment to better utilise the space like with that phone holder add on by Silman. I sometimes wonder what is the point in having a CD player there taking up space when you can stream music from any Bluetooth device. Mazda could have made that area bigger and with a lid to hid your phone and stuff. Anyone attempted to rip out the CD player to create more space?

I think the 18 inch wheels look much better than the 16 inch wheels on my Maxx version. I think once my tyres are due for replacement I will look at upgrading to the larger wheels.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree, that is the smallest waste of space. I also wish there was a sports mode on the turbo and I wonder if the JDM versions have this. I've looked at the home link rear view mirror and the JDM paddleshidters but the paddle shifters looks too complicated as the manual is all in Japanese and I think the benefit on a relatively low output engine just isn't there. I'd love to sync my garage to the home link mirror but for now the remote will do.

Just got a swann dash cam so that will be installed this week.

The one thing I hated about the demo model cx3 I drove was the ladies voice on the GPS. It's changed to a younger girl on my new car though. I'll have to look at how to find out what maps version I have.

I don't think I would ever use the cd either. I'd much prefer rhe storage space too.

The 18's on 50 series tyres is comfortable. I had this on the Forester on pirellis and it was a comfortable ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
^^I'd love to remove the CD player to gain more storage. Awaiting someone to write a DIY lol.
You are supposed to use a special tool to get it out but I reckon I could do it with no tools in less then 5 minutes. The hole would be kind of ugly though!!!

This is the official way but if those red cheeks are taken off the console you can squeeze the retaining clips with your fingers.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
You are supposed to use a special tool to get it out but I reckon I could do it with no tools in less then 5 minutes. The hole would be kind of ugly though!!!
Indeed. I'd like an aftermarket storage kit insert with lidded cover as an accessory to infill the hole left by its removal.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
BTW, I like my CD player. It is crystal clear and Gracenote adds all sorts of useless info about the track!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Indeed. I'd like an aftermarket storage kit insert with lidded cover as an accessory to infill the hole left by its removal.
You need to drop into Norm Abram mode and get in the workshop;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
The one thing I hated about the demo model cx3 I drove was the ladies voice on the GPS. It's changed to a younger girl on my new car though. I'll have to look at how to find out what maps version I have.
You can change the 'person' in the nav settings, does she sound like the Australian Siri?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thats a good idea, if it was a standard Din size you could have a pocket to store things. But it has tapered edges and a half size player so may be harder, but I am sure not impossible :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My centre storage console arrived today. Having a look at the instructions, i'll have to drill 4 holes to install it. I've just moved house so i'll have to get to this when I unpack everything. I installed the Swann dash cam tonight and look forward to seeing the video after work tomorrow.

The demo cx3 had an older version of gps, though yes mine is the Australian voice from what I recall. What version do you guys run atm?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I couldnt see a version number in the gps settings but under the main mzd settings I have operating system # 5600.100 4AN

I don't have an option to change voices under my GPS settings.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts