Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Well done Tony. That is my wife's favourite colour but I got my red and she got her auto gearbox!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Indeed a great color choice.
I just wish Mazda also offered it in a single body color since I think it'll do the CX-3 some justice.

But in busy cities it helps to have that black plastic surround.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The pearl paint really shows off the body lines. Great choice!
It sure does, and it helps it wasn't some solid white since that hides bodylines, making it hard to really appreciate the design, making some people go for darker tones instead.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is it an extra cost color?
Can't get past having to pay extra for paint. At first only the Germans (Porche, BMW) had to the nerve to do it. No lynch parties were formed so now all makers have found a way to squeeze extra money.

Wouldn't mind it so much , but non-extra charge color choices seem to be narrowing. They should just charge extra for all paint and just get it done with.

(yes, I am a grumpy old man.)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is it an extra cost color?
Can't get past having to pay extra for paint. At first only the Germans (Porche, BMW) had to the nerve to do it. No lynch parties were formed so now all makers have found a way to squeeze extra money.

Wouldn't mind it so much , but non-extra charge color choices seem to be narrowing. They should just charge extra for all paint and just get it done with.

(yes, I am a grumpy old man.)
I think its ridiculous too. Especially so when part of that extra cost is just because, instead of there being an actual reason for the increase in price, like increased production cost for that particular color.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mazda plans to debut a new Ceramic Metallic paint color for the new CX-3, describing it thusly: "Its expression of a finely honed metallic surface and strong sense of hardness changes in appearance depending on the light hitting it."

It is hard to tell ceramic colour in doors because it looks white under natural light. there are great pics of the new Miata in ceramic metallic as well. My wife saw two more ceramic models on the road yesterday around Toronto, dealer says mid August for hers

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
They are charging me a mighty £600 for red - about $900 USD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts