Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
While I was surfing the internet to find some information on the CX-3 I found this great site!
I just bought, or to be precise: ordered, the CX-3 AWD 1,5d Deep Crystal Blue. To be honest, I really liked and wanted the CX-3 in Ceramic Metallic (awesome color!!!), but apparently it wasn't available until mid/end-February and therefore I decided to go for the deep blue (which was actually my second choice).
I decided to go for the topline version (in Italy it's called exceed - funny that even country has its own names. e.g. in Switzerland they're called Challenge, Ambition and Revolution). The only thing I didn't want was the automatic transmission (there's no sun roof available here in Italy and as far as I could see even not in Switzerland), but besides that it's equipped with everything else available.
Also funny that in Italy you got to order and pay for the safety package (I-Actisense) whereas in Switzerland it's already included.
As soon as I get the CX-3 I'll post some pictures...should be before Christmas (if the dealer didn't cheat!).
Just bit sad to trade in mx MX-5 (NB) :crying::crying::crying: - it served me well, never had any issues with it and was always fun to drive (even on snowy roads!).

PS: CX-3's manual transmission feels very similar to the MX-5 transmission!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome Claude,

Nice to see another Deep Crystal Blue owner. I love how the crystal blue glimmers in the sun and then become a darker blue in the shade. I think you will find Mazda goes country specific when it comes to fitting out the CX3 dependent on what they believe the locals want and will buy. It is all about marketing so maybe there was not a demand for sunroofs in Italy which sounds strange considering the nice weather you get there. Mind you I believe the sunroof is in the top of the range models which Mazda does not expect to sell large quantities of compared to the lower range more affordable models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome Claude,

Nice to see another Deep Crystal Blue owner. I love how the crystal blue glimmers in the sun and then become a darker blue in the shade. I think you will find Mazda goes country specific when it comes to fitting out the CX3 dependent on what they believe the locals want and will buy. It is all about marketing so maybe there was not a demand for sunroofs in Italy which sounds strange considering the nice weather you get there. Mind you I believe the sunroof is in the top of the range models which Mazda does not expect to sell large quantities of compared to the lower range more affordable models.
I was pretty sure that there were some differences between, let's say Europe and the US or Australia, but I thought that in Europe all models would be the same. In Italy you can have the leather seats with an extra € 700 (euros), whereas in Switzerland they want some CHF 2300 (swiss franks). :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
In the UK you can't get a sunroof for love or money in any of the options, but I forgot my manners welcome Claude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts