Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked for a thread about this, but didn't see one.

all of a sudden today with 1,600 miles on the car, the tranny is acting up.

I put the car in R, backup, put it in D, add some gas, no D, more like N, and a hesitation as it has to "think" about going into D.

not a consistent issue, but enough of one to cause concern.

there are times when it slams into D to get going, of course depending on how much pedal I'm pushing.

got an appt for next week at the dealer.

anyone else have this problem?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I think I've read about it on the CX-5 forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had mine twice now refuse to shift into 2nd at full throttle and just bounce off the rev limiter in 1st, but haven't had any issues simply getting into drive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you installed any USB or cigar lighter cables under the shifter?
The only type of port for that is in the dash itself, and I'm using the lighter as a charging port with a USB cable for my iPhone.

How does that affect the automatic trans responding to pedal input and a lag in response?

·
Registered
256 Posts
looked for a thread about this, but didn't see one.

all of a sudden today with 1,600 miles on the car, the tranny is acting up.

I put the car in R, backup, put it in D, add some gas, no D, more like N, and a hesitation as it has to "think" about going into D.

not a consistent issue, but enough of one to cause concern.

there are times when it slams into D to get going, of course depending on how much pedal I'm pushing.

got an appt for next week at the dealer.

anyone else have this problem?
No, I have never had that problem (I haven't had any issues with the auto transmission), so sounds like something is wrong with yours, maybe it's just a software glitch, but a good thing You have booked an appointment for it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
That sounds like a recurring nightmare I have, where I keep pushing the gas and nothing happens! Haha

Haven't had that issue with the CX-3 though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well today was a bit of a surprise and yet not:

took the car in, tech could not find source of problem and it did not throw any codes.

tech called Mazda, which said to pull that tranny out and send it to Mazda!

Mazda wants to inspect it and see what's going on.

My 2.5 month old CX-3 gets a new tranny this week.

this is the price of having a brand new model...they have bugs!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've been having this issue as well now. It happens very intermittently but there are times when I have a hesitation when shifting from reverse to drive with a jolt just as blitzebill says. I'll try and sort this out at my dealership and see what can be done or investigated. I'd really hate to rip the trans out and get a new one. I"ll try and see if I can hear anything on my end and help with news on this issue. I'm really hoping its a software issue that can just be re calibrated and not an actual mechanical fault.

·
Super Moderator
108 Posts
well today was a bit of a surprise and yet not:

took the car in, tech could not find source of problem and it did not throw any codes.

tech called Mazda, which said to pull that tranny out and send it to Mazda!

Mazda wants to inspect it and see what's going on.

Crap. I just brought my cx-3 in for this issue today. I thought maybe they would have some simple software update. Techs nowadays are just glorified part swappers and I would really prefer they not touch the trans. :eek:

And for info on the car, 3 months and 2400 miles.

·
Registered
893 Posts

I would agree with this if Mazda was a new car company and was just starting to make cars, but they're not. They're experienced and should have the technology down already. Of course, any car could have problems. I'm wondering if Mazda will issue a recall if more people report the problem.

·
Registered
872 Posts

I didn't think the CX3's 6 speed auto transmission was brand new rather a carry over transmission from other models/platforms.

Bummer to hear you have to have yours replaced.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This would be good to post over at CarComplaints.com, in the CX-3 Section. It's where I go first to check out what's weird/wrong with a car I like (or own).

There's only one complaint there so far and it's for... wait for it... the sadsack windshield wipers.

Also, I'm sorry you folks are having the issue. No fun.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've heard of one case on the UK forum where a gearbox bit the dust. They played with it for a while then offered a new replacement car. I've also heard of one with the hesitation issue on the CX-5 forum - it's exactly the same box. It would seem these boxes are capable of playing up which is a great shame as they are superb when they behave.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This would be good to post over at CarComplaints.com, in the CX-3 Section. It's where I go first to check out what's weird/wrong with a car I like (or own).

There's only one complaint there so far and it's for... wait for it... the sadsack windshield wipers.

Also, I'm sorry you folks are having the issue. No fun.
i don't wanna get off topic, but my god, the windshield washers are the sorriest excuse of windshield washers I've ever seen!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
i don't wanna get off topic, but my god, the windshield washers are the sorriest excuse of windshield washers I've ever seen!
Haha! We’ve debated this many times. The other day I drove a Toyota Yaris home for a friend. I pressed the washers and nearly jumped out of my skin at the blast of water that hit the screen on this very, very bottom of the range budget car.

I know you are watching Mazda - pay attention.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was620

My cx3 max Aus had the same problem after 600kms, it would engage hard in drive after adding a bit of pressure on the gas. I ended up with a new gearbox, still going after 4500kms. Yours is the 3rd one I've heard of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At least the water hits the windscreen, sitting in the traffic and the next to me and 1car up decided to wash her windscreen, I coped the lot how about that for adjustment.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts