Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chicagoland and the CX3

Minutes ago I got an email from Continental Mazda in Naperville (a suburb of Chicago) that they just received some Touring and Sport CX3s. They are expecting more around August 26-28th. At last!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I honnestly prefer not to have power seat because it is faster to set and it does not requires a lots of strenght.
In my book, it's a useless accessory but I would understand people that prefer that to manual seats.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's a lever on the door side of the seat & you pull it up in a pumping motion to raise the seat. You pump it down to lower the seat.
Not hard not easy...
Yeah it's like every other manual vertical seat adjustment. You just deal with it and move on. I had no problems with it at the dealer today.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah it's like every other manual vertical seat adjustment. You just deal with it and move on. I had no problems with it at the dealer today.
Power seats are not a deal breaker for me, but something on my want list. Makes it easy to fine tune your position underway with a little switch bumping. Its awkward to do with a manual seat while moving and maybe a little dangerous?

Its like a lot a of gadgets on modern cars. You do not see the need until you have a car incidentally equipped with one of them, your get spoiled and have to have it on the next one.

I would like to go one step further with my slovenlyness, with memory settings so I don't have to fiddle with the switches after my wife drives.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Memory setting is not a necessity but I've been spoiled with power seats. Gone are the days where I pull this lever type thing under my seat to move it forwards or backwards.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Power seats are not a deal breaker for me, but something on my want list. Makes it easy to fine tune your position underway with a little switch bumping. Its awkward to do with a manual seat while moving and maybe a little dangerous?

Its like a lot a of gadgets on modern cars. You do not see the need until you have a car incidentally equipped with one of them, your get spoiled and have to have it on the next one.

I would like to go one step further with my slovenlyness, with memory settings so I don't have to fiddle with the switches after my wife drives.

It's definitely dangerous to adjust the seat while driving, but shouldn't one really just take the time to do it right before setting out on the road?

Solution to memory settings: buy an extra CX-3 for the spouse.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's definitely dangerous to adjust the seat while driving, but shouldn't one really just take the time to do it right before setting out on the road?

Solution to memory settings: buy an extra CX-3 for the spouse.
Excellent idea. I think it would be cheaper just to make her drive the CX-5 though that might bring along some friction.
I find that being able to make little adjustments while moving helps reduce fatigue on road trips. Juggling seat height, rake and reach changes the angle of the legs and moves pressure points slightly.
I usually don't end the trip in exactly the same position I started.
Hmmm, maybe I need power tilt and telescope as well.
Is there no end to my decadence?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.