Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I've been wanting to either plasti dip or vinyl wrap the silver covers/bezels that surround the fog lights. While I'm in there, I'm toying with the idea of applying a vinyl film over the fog lights to protect them. Have any of you removed either this bezel or the fog lights themselves? I'm a little leary about just pulling tabs and plastic pieces if it isn't necessary. I don't have the cleanest record when it comes to successfully doing that!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Hey folks,

I've been wanting to either plasti dip or vinyl wrap the silver covers/bezels that surround the fog lights. While I'm in there, I'm toying with the idea of applying a vinyl film over the fog lights to protect them. Have any of you removed either this bezel or the fog lights themselves? I'm a little leary about just pulling tabs and plastic pieces if it isn't necessary. I don't have the cleanest record when it comes to successfully doing that!

Thanks!
I wouldn’t pull it without at least looking it from the back first. I had the front bumper off mine but didn’t really pay any attention to the foglight fixings but if you look at the foglight in the attached pdf, it looks like the foglight fixing might be stiffening the insert. Without foglight, the panel looks like it just pulls off. I think I would get it up in the air then take the lower front panel off to see inside. Then you can decide whether you can reach up of take the bumper off.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn’t pull it without at least looking it from the back first. I had the front bumper off mine but didn’t really pay any attention to the foglight fixings but if you look at the foglight in the attached pdf, it looks like the foglight fixing might be stiffening the insert. Without foglight, the panel looks like it just pulls off. I think I would get it up in the air then take the lower front panel off to see inside. Then you can decide whether you can reach up of take the bumper off.
Just seeing the exploded diagram of the front bumper helps! Thanks! It at least gives me an idea of what to look for. The week after I bought the car, I crawled under there and was looking around. I was too afraid to poke and pry at things, since it was so new. 3,000 miles later, I'm ready. Thanks again!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just seeing the exploded diagram of the front bumper helps! Thanks! It at least gives me an idea of what to look for. The week after I bought the car, I crawled under there and was looking around. I was too afraid to poke and pry at things, since it was so new. 3,000 miles later, I'm ready. Thanks again!
Hi Joeyd71,
Didja ever get the bezels off? I want to add DLRs but can't find instructions on their removal.
I'd like to find the "FRONT FOG LIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION" PDF.
Cheers, Mack

·
Registered
64 Posts
Youtube is your friend, Here is a quick video showing someone painting their bezel cover

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you Mazdaman! I searched YouTube several times but didn't include "fog light".

Now to find DRLs. Many DRLs are advertised as having turn signals but the controller doesn't have enough wires or isn't pictured. I reckon the controller needs:

2 DRL duel conductor connection cables
2 for power (ACC)
1 for headlight sensor (to dim DRLs when headlights are turned on)
2 for right & left turn signal

making 7 wires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It looks like it's a choice in between dimming and turn signals. Naturally I want both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts