Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really use some help RE: the firmware update.

Just before I could even upload the files, my entire audio/nav system had a catastrophic meltdown. All black, no pulse to speak of.

I have tried all variations of hard resets, but it remains completely dead, with the exception of FM static on occasion.

Obviously, I'm staring down the barrel of an expensive and tedious journey. I am hoping someone, somewhere has some CPR I can perform. I'd also, be interested in a knock-off Nav/Stereo Head unit, if anyone has had any success with one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-MJM

·
Registered
653 Posts
So there's 3 options although you may have two available.

A little side note, the screen and the headunit "brain" are technically two separate things. The reason i explicitly state this is because if you had a screen failure it could be replaced by those Chinese wide-screen type units which piggyback on the oem box retaining all features so its almost a cheaper screen replacement in reality. Problem is with what you described, the brain box is dead so the screen replacement ones retaining oem features wont apply and youll have same issue with a different screen.

Other two remaining options are replacing it with another oem unit or going full aftermarket with a standalone entire unit replacement also from aliexpress/china. Keep in mind that full unit aftermarket replacements lose all oem features entirely.

A fourth option would be to see if a dealer could reflash it but i havent heard of this being done. Not that it cant be done but noones attempted it yet.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If youre feeling really ambitious, theres always this extreme diy project.

Also for reference, this was the style of the "screen replacement units" that retain and use original oem box which is not what would fix your issue but itl give you an idea of what to not buy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts