Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have a new to me 2019 GT. Quite happy with it. However I just noticed the left rear tire well is broken/damage. This includes the part that I think is the cover you would remove to replace a bulb? Anyway - I ordered what I thought was the right part for "rear bumper splash"

D10J50350

This picture below has the cutout/panel. You are looking at the back side of it. Mine is solid here - no panel to remove.

Automotive design Auto part Machine Font Metal
Organism Font Slope Handwriting Auto part

However after receiving it - it seems a bit different. It is slightly wider and does not have the access panel.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and what the right part number I'm after would be.....or is it simply I ordered an OEM part and was sent a crap knock off instead.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Did you order this part from your dealer? If so just return it to them and get the Parts Manager to explain why it is not the same as the damaged one you are trying to replace.

BTW, I also had to replace the same drivers side splash panel on my used 2016 shortly after I bought it. The car had been hit on the rear corner and that panel, which was cracked, was not replaced as part of the original repair. I didn't notice this issue until I was swapping the tires later that year, so I went to my dealer and ordered the part. The part I received was a perfect match.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good to hear you solved the mystery part. Receiving the wrong part, or worse, never hearing from the vendor again and receiving nothing, are the main reasons I shy away from ordering most things online. At least with eBay you have some recourse through their mediation process, which I've also needed to use before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts