Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a VW TDI owner, long time VW guy but the emission scandal has me looking at other options. Really like the CX-3, test drove one a couple of times. Seems like a fun car. Once VW figures out what they're going to do with our TDI's, I'm looking to get into a small SUV like the CX-3. Also considering the HR-V and the Fiat 500X. The CX-3 is definitely in the lead though. My only concern is a few quality control issues I've read about.

:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! What specific concerns do you have?
Hi thanks. I've read a few complaints about the infotainment system and a few about steering vibration issues, although to be fair, Mazda has a great reputation for reliability. It wouldn't stop me from making the purchase. I took a 30 minute test drive in one a few days back and it is an absolute hoot to drive. The automatic transmission is outstanding.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
The infotainment is fine with the latest firmware. I'm not sure we have seen any evidence of steering issues.

My feeling is that you should choose the one you like best. Other brands are not not necessarily trouble free and if anything pops up you can get the dealer to sort it under warranty.

Reactions: greaseman85

·
Registered
272 Posts
Every consumer product is bound to have it's pros and cons, choose something that suits your needs instead of focusing on the short comings.

I have not noticed any steering problems on my vehicle, nor has the infotainment system ever given me trouble. It did abruptly "freeze" once, but it promptly resetted itself and has not happened since.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I have to say my steering on the CX-3 was perfectly balanced.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
The think I hate most on the cx-3 is it is just fun to drive and is taking time off of my golf to practice.��
Good thing for Willet that Spieth owns a CX-3!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since my last post, I've re-tried test drives in the CX-3 and the 3 (and some competitors). Logic tells me the 3 is the car to get but there is something about the CX-3 that is more than the sum of it's parts. One more question for owners with the Bose sound system, what do you think of it? I haven't really gotten to listen to it at any volume.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The Bose sound system is good but is lacking a certain oomph, I guess because there is no subwoofer. To my ears it is a bit of a downgrade from my previous car with Infinity sound system and subwoofer.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The Bose system is okay for what it is. I have to remind myself that this is an economy-based car and level set my expectations. Its nice that Mazda even gives the upgrade on their lower level models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Bose sound system is good but is lacking a certain oomph, I guess because there is no subwoofer. To my ears it is a bit of a downgrade from my previous car with Infinity sound system and subwoofer.
There is indeed a sub with the Bose system. Check inside the spare in the trunk ;)

That said I enjoy it, though I am coming from a car that had a 2 speaker setup that sounded OK. The bose package provides good depth even if it lacks a little in the oomph dept. IMHO I would rather have the fuller all around sound than something boomier/punchier (usually what is meant by lack of oomph).

The only real way to tell though is load up your device of choice with the music you like (pick a good range from quiter/slower songs to faster/louder songs), take it to the dealer and crank it to 11 (or more like 45). Make that a part of your test drive.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Wow I had no idea there was a subwoofer. But yeah exactly, by oomph I mean there's a lack of boom. I guess it is a matter of preference :)

They're good otherwise, I'm sure much better than cars without a premium sound system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It does sound good once you get over 30. I have bass at +6 already. Still lacks range in the sub-bass stuff that vibrates your seat like a mall chair massager. Overall, really good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The typical criticism of Bose systems is that they tend to be a little muddy and lacking in the midrange. I like good quality sound, not necessarily loud, booming type sounds you would typically hear in electronica or rap music. As long as it has some clarity and soundstage, I'd bet I'd be happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts