Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is easeup from Western Australia. I'm looking to replace my current lease (Hyundai) with a speedy CUV and can't get past the great looks of the CX3 in white pearl... Joining the forum to find all my info in one place!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Moving away from Hyundai, eh? Did you have a bad experience with them?

The Mazda CX-3 looks great and I'm hoping it feels great to drive as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey team, thanks for the welcomes. My current Hyundai is a new i30 Elite provided by my workplace. It's smooth and easy to drive, sufficient power, decent six speed gearbox and very comfortable. But the problem is.. before the Hyundai i had a Mk6 Golf GTI. I miss quality. I miss the tactile and direct steering, i miss the shifter column clicking into gear solidly, i miss seat belts clicking in with a reassuring sound. I also miss feeling like i was driving something a little bit 'special'.

There's nothing wrong with the Hyundai, but it doesn't feel like a car that would last beyond 80,000km. My next vehicle will be lease-to-own, so i want something i'm happy to keep for a few years. I'd like another hot hatch, but i need something slightly cheaper and with five doors (for the german shepherd!).

I'm also considering the Jeep Renegade for a CUV, but i can't imagine it will offer the driver involvement or sexy looks of the CX3. It's also not due in Australia till late 2015, which is too late for me!

The only thing that could put me off the CX3, potentially, is if the rear seats don't fold completely flat and the rear seat loading height is too high. Remember, i need that german shepherd to jump in there, and the rear boot lip/loading height looks too tall!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I do know that the CX-3 isn't really a great car for cargo space. Not sure about how the seats fold though. It would suck to have to give up on the CX-3 for that reason when you like everything else about it.

Other than that I just wanted to welcome you to the forum!

·
Registered
168 Posts
welcome easeup, I think you'll find the CX3 to be little more then a lifted hatchback... Your sheppard shouldn't have an issue getting in and out, unless his/her hips are starting to go...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think the CX-3 should be good enough to fit your dog in the back. There might be better options for that, but the CX-3 will do fine. I wouldn't be worried about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts