Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm a new member living in Detroit, MI and I'm very interested in this forum and getting more information on the CX-3. I currently drive a 07 Mazda 6i 5-door w/ 127,000 trouble free miles which I love, but am seriously looking at the CX-3 as a future replacement. I wish MAZDA still made a 6 5-door. My wife has a 2015 CX-5 and my daughter has a 2011 Mazda 3 2.5 4-door.
Thanks,
Rod Miranne

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello I'm a new member living in Detroit, MI and I'm very interested in this forum and getting more information on the CX-3. I currently drive a 07 Mazda 6i 5-door w/ 127,000 trouble free miles which I love, but am seriously looking at the CX-3 as a future replacement. I wish MAZDA still made a 6 5-door. My wife has a 2015 CX-5 and my daughter has a 2011 Mazda 3 2.5 4-door.
Thanks,
Rod Miranne
Welcome! We are all here waiting with high anticipation for the new CX3 also.
I have a 2006 Mazda3 Hatch with about 128K miles of trouble free performance in all kinds of weather too.

Best & most reliable car I've ever owned.

BTW the 6 does have a wagon but it's only for non-US markets. It's a beaut too!

Mazda6 Wagon ? Exterior Features & Colours | Mazda Australia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm aware of that and the wagon is very nice. They should consider bringing it to the USA. However I miss and prefer the slick fastback roof of the old 6 5-door.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I too think its a shame Mazda does not do 6 hatches or wagons for the U.S. but in their defense they offered them 2 generations ago and sales were poor.

Is it possible they magnified the traditional Mazda road noise problem?
When I bought my 3 sedan in 06, I tried a 3 hatch and it was noticeable noisier. The same thing happened in comparing the '13 focus sedan I bought to the hatch. I wanted the hatch for practical reasons and my styling preference in both cases, but noise level differences were enough to sway me to the sedans. Sedan versions were cheaper as well.

Edit 1 hr later.
Wow! I just belatedly clicked on the link for the Aussie 6 wagon. Its beautiful, much better in my eyes than the sedan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, for the welcomes.
As for being s fan of Mazda's since 2002 my family has owned the following models
1. 2003 Protégé 5 (Wife) traded for 2003 Mazda Tribute
2. 2003 Mazda Tribute ES V-6, traded for 2015 Mazda CX-5
3. 2003 Mazda 6s, (Me) totaled when stolen, replaced with 2007 Mazda 6i 5-door
4. 20011 Mazda 3s sedan (Daughter)
So far we have all been very happy with our Mazda's
Thanks,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks, for the welcomes.
As for being s fan of Mazda's since 2002 my family has owned the following models
1. 2003 Protégé 5 (Wife) traded for 2003 Mazda Tribute
2. 2003 Mazda Tribute ES V-6, traded for 2015 Mazda CX-5
3. 2003 Mazda 6s, (Me) totaled when stolen, replaced with 2007 Mazda 6i 5-door
4. 20011 Mazda 3s sedan (Daughter)
So far we have all been very happy with our Mazda's
Thanks,

Now that is quite the history of Mazda's to have.
At least you guys have been happy with Mazda throughout the various model you've guys owned, and now with the new direction Mazda is taking, I bet you have a great sense of appreciation for what they did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the slow reply.
Concerning the noise factor. My hatchback is a little noisier then the sedan, but not that much and I like the sportier looks, extra utility, easier access to the trunk and rear wiper.
Thanks,

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply.
Concerning the noise factor. My hatchback is a little noisier then the sedan, but not that much and I like the sportier looks, extra utility, easier access to the trunk and rear wiper.
Thanks,
I agree with all those points though the looks thing is entirely subjective. But, sedan provides a quieter ride, lighter more rigid structure and as I said before is cheaper. These are reasons the sedan outsells the hatch in the U.S. The points you make are perhaps why the hatch is more popular elsewhere. Good that Mazda provides a choice.

And to be fair the hatch I tried before buying the sedan had lower profile tires which might have exaggerated the noise differences.

And forgot to say, welcome to the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts