Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first Mazda. Meteor gray mica. Wife's. We wanted the simplest, affordable Mazda CX-3 AWD, happen to be a 2017 C:)X-3 SPORT... Installed armrest, mudflaps. Installation information's and repair manuals found here are excellent, thanks to knowledgeable and helpful members. Full size spare (same type-size wheel and tire) is on way to us. We are retire age. Other car: 2008 SILVER TUNDRA SR5 DC 2WD 5.7L.I will do the maintenance as long as I'm able to, so I will visit this forum frequently for information's, and if I can I will help to.
glock922 aka Steven.
Couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. Hopefully one or more forum members will have advice or answers to any information you may need. Can I recommend you add your vehicle details to your signature, and your location to your personal profile, so it will help any members to tailor any responses to any information you seek. Hope your wife lets you get behind the wheel of the CX-3 a few times :)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We can find most information to help you look after your CX-3.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first year

Our first Mazda. Meteor gray mica. Wife's. We wanted the simplest, affordable Mazda CX-3 AWD, happen to be a 2017 C:)X-3 SPORT... Installed armrest, mudflaps. Installation information's and repair manuals found here are excellent, thanks to knowledgeable and helpful members. Full size spare (same type-size wheel and tire) is on way to us. We are retire age. Other car: 2008 SILVER TUNDRA SR5 DC 2WD 5.7L.I will do the maintenance as long as I'm able to, so I will visit this forum frequently for information's, and if I can I will help to.
glock922 aka Steven.
Couple of pictures.
Hello everybody again! Year gone and the CX-3 is trouble free after 9561 miles! Oil changes, tire rotations, routine checks...Added Navigation system from eBay. All is good so far.....
All the best for everybody, Steven.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everybody again! Year gone and the CX-3 is trouble free after 9561 miles! Oil changes, tire rotations, routine checks...Added Navigation system from eBay. All is good so far.....
All the best for everybody, Steven.
How would you rate/review the nav system from eBay and which seller did you go with if you don't mind me asking? looking to upgrade myself. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry for the late response. Try to attach picture of Navigation system, not sure it is work so here is the info: P BHP1
PARTS NAME:ROM-NAVI
PARTS#:BHP1 66 EZ1E
USA
CANADA
MEXICO
MAZDA NAVTEQ MAPS
Can't find ebay seller info but this is a MAZDA OEM navigation system, cost was around $80. Steven.

Navigation system is OEM and works perfectly! Installation and activation is easy, simple, just follow instructions... download "Mazda toolbox-Naviextras.com".
Plenty for sale on eBay, choose USA sellers only. Good luck! Steven.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Steven, just curious....did you follow Mazda's "requirements" re: oil brand or go your own?

Just bought an MGM Touring last Friday. I just love the way Mazda goes about building an automobile.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oil

Indydriver, oil I'm using is Pennzoil Platinum or Quaker state Ultimate durability, both full synthetic and made by the same company SOPUS. Differences in this three full synthetic oil grades are microish /0-20, 5-20, 5-30/... I'm changing oils twice a year. Colder months 0-20, warmer months 5-30... same as with my 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L motor with 68000 miles, runs like new. SOPUS made oils cost considerably less than other name brands, and differences between MOBIL1, CASTROL, SOPUS or AMSOIL ect. is also microish but NOT IN COSTS!... Specifications of oils can be find the manufacturers websites. The 0-20 fuel saving is based on controlled environment in lab... almost every car maker does it for tax break... I was unable to record any differences between 0-20- and 5-30 oils in 10 years on my Tundra. To record any differences everything has to be same, rpm, speed, temp., tire pressure, weight, same road, same wind speed ect...only in labs... All the best, Steven.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts