Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CX-3 GT, Soul Red, 28k miles as of July 2021.
13 Posts
Welcome and congrats on a smart buy! Truly the 'Sports Car of Crossovers'. Had mine so far 3 years in USA and also a short time at speed on a road course here (FIA, IMSA endurance racing fanatic, esp. 24 hrs. of Le Mans) . Having raced a GTI in the past and other cars, this is a great all-around touring platform as well as sports handling combo (mine has the USA spec Miata MX-5 source engine). Also soft-off roaded as well as thru deep sand dunes at the shore-the active awd is unbeatable. Less a great seller over here as too small for many, yet perfect to me and my wife. Well done and enjoy! 2016 CX-3 GT (USA) 28k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello hello, nice cars. In your car IMSA_CX3GT are very nice rims, size 20'?
Below my car, 2.0 gasoline, 121 HP FWD, 420km :), on original 16' rims. I'm really happy owner, it's best car for two persons (y)

·
Registered
2016 CX-3 GT, Soul Red, 28k miles as of July 2021.
13 Posts
Hello hello, nice cars. In your car IMSA_CX3GT are very nice rims, size 20'?
Below my car, 2.0 gasoline, 121 HP FWD, 420km :), on original 16' rims. I'm really happy owner, it's best car for two persons (y)

View attachment 23805
Love that deep blue on yours! So classy, really catches the light well and the lines.

ya AGREE, great if typical 2 on board, but in fact we have taken 2 tall adults in back touring the NW USA (Washington state). I'd say all road tests that say back is cramped are overstating it. I am 6ft, and when bought it, set front seat to me, then sat in back. Knees did not rub and it was fine. We love the size, even tho its perfect for Europe and urban. Iike smaller vehicles anyways, maneuverability and ease to park. Less weight is good too, better handling.

The wheels are 'plus 1' 19in 235-45 Michelin Pilots (best in class and an USA IMSA Endurance Racing series, and FIA Le Mans for some makes , rain tire is what this is based on. Rated tops. Having had it at 10-10th's and at speed in dry and 8/10ths in rain on a road course with pouring rain and standing water on corner insides, its unbeatable. Ya Mazda's 'always on' SkyActive AWD helped (it even senses windshield wiper speed!) with no noticeable understeer nor oversteer at all. I was shocked. Wheels are from TSR. Best all around car in near 40 years, incl. Mustang GT's and a MK1 GTI I raced in SCCA here in the states.

I also have been drawing cars since 7, and now 50 plus years later, and even writing a book on it, I still draw and design, as well as engines and chassis engineering and drawings. I take looks and great styling and design uber seriously. This is one of the greats. For such a small platform, where challenge is higher for good design with such a smaller package to work with, this is off the charts, and one reason I went for it. Design to me is tantamount for me.

My next car is likely a MK8 GTI, but used and not for several years or more. In no rush as this thing is that great. The CX-3 has low miles of 28k, and at 5k per year it will last awhile. Love our mint low mile 2003 MINI Cooper, but no issue jumping in this to cut some lines in our now many Roundabouts here! Drive on/have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts