Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am most of the time just lurking around this forum 2 months after getting the car. Everyone's been very helpful and the forum feels very professional. :D I'm very happy to know that this car attracts a great bunch of drivers. I've already clocked in 2500 miles and so far everything's been great! I already drove it 290 miles to Las Vegas and it handled highway speeds and bumps just fine. I also got my friends to ride the car and said nothing but good things about it. One of them is 6" and still had space at the back. The car is definitely a looker.

Here are some of my favorite things about the car:
- clean dashboard layout
- SKYACTIV technology
- AWD (the best excuse to drive an automatic haha)
- The car is easy to wash (small surface area!)
- The car is also fine without the armrest (though the US spec has it). This reminds me of the 3-box unibody cars of the 1970's (eg. BMW 2002) which doesn't have it.
- a real handbrake
- based on the Mazda 2 2014-2015 Japan Car of the Year
- made in Hiroshima, Japan

Some dislikes:
- flimsy feel of the rear spoiler
- dealer installed swirls and scratches :(
- not having the tow hook even if the car has a dedicated space for it

The CX-3 is small but it isn't. It's adequate. It's usable. The Corrola is the most sold car to date and the current generation's trunk space is just as big as the CX-3's. Most of the time, this car has all the space we truly need.

Thank you Mazda for making a future classic!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

Space is just fine for what this car is, any more and it would've turned into an ugly car like the Honda HRV or Chevy Trax.

I would've preferred an electronic handbreak unlike you though as that would've made the center console area a bit more practical.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats and welcome!

Space is just fine for what this car is, any more and it would've turned into an ugly car like the Honda HRV or Chevy Trax.

I would've preferred an electronic handbreak unlike you though as that would've made the center console area a bit more practical.
Thank you!

Yes I do agree with you. Those cars are really awkward looking. They are also based on the Fit and Sonic platform like the CX-3 is based on the Mazda 2. The CX-3 is relatively small but it is what it is.

I just can't remove the anxiety of failing car electronics. At least there will still be an analog safety back-up in case that happens. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts