Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just took a fully loaded AWD Soul Red with Parchment interior CX-3 GT for a test drive. She was also considering a 3 GT Hatch but it only took 5 minutes in the CX-3 and she was sold. Now we are just waiting for a Ceramic Metallic GT to arrive in Austin. She's not sure about the Parchment interior. I love how it looks but she's leaning more towards the Black.

I was afraid it would be too small (I'm 6') but there was a lot more room, especially in the front seats, than I thought there would be. I was totally impressed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think there will be plenty of space for your frame in the front seats but how were the rear passenger ones?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the CX-3 party Lnghrncx3! I am also 6'0 tall and a around 270lbs (big Scottish kid haha) I feel very comfortable driving my CX-3 GS AWD. I hope you have as much fun with yours when you get as I do mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! I think there will be plenty of space for your frame in the front seats but how were the rear passenger ones?
The rear is a little tight if a 6 footer is in the seat in front with the seat all the way back. Obviously if someone like my wife, who is 5'2", is driving, there is enough space for me to sit behind her without much problem.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm surprised they're selling AWD models so far south of the snow belt.
The point of the AWD system on the CX3 is that it isn't just for poor weather conditions, it is also there to improve handling. Combined with the stability control system, it considerably improves the traction and rear end grip. It will also make a step difference in wet road handling. Having said that, if anyone tries it, have fun but don't hurt yourself or anyone else! Think of it as better safety in reserve.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The point of the AWD system on the CX3 is that it isn't just for poor weather conditions, it is also there to improve handling. Combined with the stability control system, it considerably improves the traction and rear end grip. It will also make a step difference in wet road handling. Having said that, if anyone tries it, have fun but don't hurt yourself or anyone else! Think of it as better safety in reserve.
Yes, I've seen this marketing factoid trumpeted all over Mazda's promotional materials along with the 27 sensor points of reference it uses to determine whether or not the AWD should engage. The U.S. reviewers to date who've tested a few CX-3s in Arizona on curving mountain roads over 6000 feet altitude (a good bit higher than the Grampians) were ambiguous in their evaluation of the AWD's advantages in those ideal test conditions. Perhaps you could take one out for a drive along A591 on a rainy day and get back to us with your observations?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum! I'm surprised they're selling AWD models so far south of the snow belt.
Almost all of the first ones I've seen for sale in Austin have been AWD. They had a Ceramic Metallic AWD Touring in the showroom for $23K+ in addition to the fully loaded AWD Soul Red for $29K+ that we took for the test drive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just told from my guy at Mazda South that all CX-3s coming in are AWD. He said Mazda hasn't started building any FWD and they are probably looking at November before they get any FWD in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It appears that a few FWD's were "redirected" to Roger Beasley. Unfortunately not the one I am interested in. I was told that their order cycle is coming up next week so I will be able to put down a deposit and place an order of exactly what I want: Ceramic/Black FWD GT, no extra packages. Should arrive in 90 days or less. I was also told Mazda South currently has deposits on 5 CX-3's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts