Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody. I just purchase my new Cx 3 sport 2019 on Monday and noticed that my heater doesnt seem to get very hot. I even have a starter for that exact reason (to warm up the car) and 15 minutes In it's still not warm. I keep it on med to high fan and heat all the way. Has anybody else experience this? If not, What should I do differently?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heater

Hey guys. Just got my cx3 sport 2019.
Anybody have any problems with the heater? I put mine on full heat and it tale a good hour before it's actually hot..installed the starter so I wouldn't have a cold car in the morning and it's still cold and starts to get cozy once I'm at work
Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hello ShayShay ... welcome to our Happy Forum.

I gather you had a Remote Starter installed ... maybe someone who also has a remote starter will comment.

As far as the heater itself is concerned, here in balmy -12º C Maine, USA, the heater works as expected ... begins to warm within five minutes or so.

Also, please tell us where you're located ... maybe even fill-out your User Profile by selecting User CP above.

Finally, note I took the liberty of merging your two threads into one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. Remote starter is installed. I live in Canada. So -12°C is just the start of our winter. -30° coming soon and I'm worried about this cold.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes. Remote starter is installed. I live in Canada. So -12°C is just the start of our winter. -30° coming soon and I'm worried about this cold.
-30ºC ... brrrrr!

As you know, automotive heaters are relative straightforward devices, especially compared to the AC system. Assuming the engine coolant is warming up correctly, then it's simply a matter transferring that heat to the passenger compartment, via coolant valving and/or air duct flaps.

Your dealer will have the Official Mazda Service procedures for checking and repairing the heater ... take it to them ... 2019, you're certainly covered under your new car warranty.

P.S. Be happy you don't have a notoriously slow-to-heat-up Prius. Here in Maine we have to block their radiators to get 'em to warm up on our coldest days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On the flip side, I'm in Florida and find that the heater gets warm very very quick. I feel hot air in about 2-3 minutes of driving. My Ram 1500 takes longer!

·
Registered
745 Posts
On the flip side, I'm in Florida and find that the heater gets warm very very quick. I feel hot air in about 2-3 minutes of driving. My Ram 1500 takes longer!
Braggin' about Leon County's mild winters ... we'll get back with you in August when you're enjoying 100ºF and 100% humidity.

Three torches: Vires, Artes, Mores ... Physical, Mental, Moral Strength ... Femina Perfecta! ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess you could check the coolant level, but the dealer visit is your best option. I'm in Canada and it usually takes 3 or 4 minutes to start blowing warm. The heated seats and steering wheel help me get through those few minutes nicely. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess you could check the coolant level, but the dealer visit is your best option. I'm in Canada and it usually takes 3 or 4 minutes to start blowing warm. The heated seats and steering wheel help me get through those few minutes nicely. :)
Speaking of the heated steering wheel, recently I noticed that it cools off after a few minutes now. Is it on a cycle? I feel like it stayed warm my whole commute before a few days ago.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
Has anyone thought that maybe the thermostat is stuck open or missing and allowing the antifreeze to flow freely. In the old days we used to change them from summer to winter and back to control the flow. Or maybe the coolant system needs to be bled because there is an air pocket in the interior heating coil. Just my 2 cents worth. A dealer visit is in order.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Now, after all this talk, mine also seems slow to heat up :--(

Time to get out the leftover-from-the-Prius OBD ... surely we have access to the coolant temp.

EDIT: I have an old ScanGuage II, does the job, but cumbersome to change readouts, etc. I've been waiting to get a dedicated Android and its associated app ... or something for my iPad mini, or the iPhone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ve noticed the car is slow to warm as well.
When it does warm up, blows really hot air .
Had the dealer look at it, they told me it’s normal. Don’t particularly like the response, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now, after all this talk, mine also seems slow to heat up :--(

Time to get out the leftover-from-the-Prius OBD ... surely we have access to the coolant temp.

EDIT: I have an old ScanGuage II, does the job, but cumbersome to change readouts, etc. I've been waiting to get a dedicated Android and its associated app ... or something for my iPad mini, or the iPhone.
I bought one from Amazon that transmits a wifi signal. I connect with my iphone and use an app that tracks an amazing amount of information. It works very well and cost less than $30 cdn.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bought one from Amazon that transmits a wifi signal. I connect with my iphone and use an app that tracks an amazing amount of information. It works very well and cost less than $30 cdn.
I'll try to start a new thread, OBD specific, and transfer your msg.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hello, I am the wife of mainemanx. I have to tell you a very sad news that my husband mainemanx has passed away unexpectedly. He really enjoyed connecting with you through this forum. Thank you very much for having him as a part of this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello, I am the wife of mainemanx. I have to tell you a very sad news that my husband mainemanx has passed away unexpectedly. He really enjoyed connecting with you through this forum. Thank you very much for having him as a part of this.
That is extremely sad news and I'm sure many here, like me, enjoyed your husbands many contributions both as a poster and a moderator on this site. His avatar of an Isle of Man rider often prompted questions from new forum members and he enjoyed explaining it. If it is any solace please take some consolation that he will be very much missed on the forum. Many thanks for letting us know the situation and condolences to you, other members of the Mainemanx family and his friends outside of this forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is so sad to hear. I'm a newer member, but he was very friendly and welcoming. He will be missed greatly. Please extend my condolences to your family.

-Clint

1 - 20 of 21 Posts