1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
What are the other ones?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Who's sheepskin covers? What company made them? Are you satisfied with the fit?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Those sheepskin covers give me the willies! I can't see where the side airbag is allowed to deploy - it seems to be covered. If it is, that is a real safety concern.

The sheepskin covers I had on my previous Subaru Forester were completely open along the sides. By the way, if you want some real sheepskin covers made in New Zealand, sheepskinstuff.com in Vancouver would be a good place to look. They ship to both U.S. and Canada. You really don't need to switch on the seat heaters even on a freezing cold winter day with those to sit in.

As for me, the seats of the GT CX3 are one of the things that prompted me to buy. They are insanely great and instead of transferring the sheepskin covers that I had on my Forester into my CX3, I passed them on to one of my kids.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just so your willies don't get out of hand Geezer let me explain. You're quiet right about the side air bags needing to deploy in an accident. So, the sides of the seats are stitched in a "light thread" so that when required the air bags "bust" through this "light" stitching.

When looking at sheepskin covers I saw that all the sellers offered this "light stitching" feature. As for putting it to a test NOPE, rather not. :))

As for your "the seats of the GT CX3 are one of the things that prompted me to buy". I agree.

It made my decision to put the sheepskin that much harder. But, having had them on my previous car and really likening them won the day. (Oh, and she who must be obeyed I-N-S-I-S-T-I-N-G)....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts