Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm recently a new user on the CX-3, my girlfriend fell in love with the car the 1st time she saw it, but, one thing that was different and it really gave it a different look were the headlights, in Mexico we only get 1 version (highest trim) but without the LED headlights that i saw on the highest trim for the American versions. Does anyone know were i can purchase those headlights so i can upgrade my car to those?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bienvenido, Eddie! That's interesting - I had looked at the CX-3 on the Mazda México website as I thought it might be a good choice for a friend I have there, and I thought it came with the LED headlights, but I see now that it is only the fog lights (faros de niebla) that are LED! And it is only front wheel drive too, correct? Which is still not bad for that price, especially when you compare it to the Honda HR-V in Mexico which, for example, only comes with front airbags unlike the CX-3.

*EDIT* Just saw your other post, where you highlight the differences in Mexico - very helpful - and I agree, unfortunate re: the lack of LED headlights.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Eddie, Did your CX-3 come with silver roof rails on top of it? If so, and you don't plan on using them, i'd be interested in buying them from you. I could send you the insert that goes in instead of the roof rail.

Unfortunately there is no roof rail available in the USA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Brian, yes It came with the silver roof rails, actually we are thinking about starting some outdoor activities, bike riding, camping so we can start using those rails, sorry about that bro.

As for the headlights, I've been searching for the original headlights that are offered in the US on highest trim, but I guess since its new I won't see accessories until mid 2016.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I'll look later for part numbers for the roof rails. Maybe like the hood insulator they can be ordered specially.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm fairly annoyed with how Mazda handles its accessories. I have to assume that I can buy roof rails or roof rack feet made for another Mazda and use them with the CX-3. I insist on using the attachment built into the roof for the rack. The Mazda rack/rail connection point is the same as other Mazda's, right? I've seen from Rack/Rail thread on here that there is a Rhino rack that fits. Maybe there is a round bar Yakima feet that fit another Mazda that i can use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Retrofit plan

Hello from Monterrey, yes in Mexico we can only get the Grand Touring I version with no LED headlights, Im planning in retrofitting some D2S HID projectors cause I actually prefer HID than LED ;)

I´ve previously owned a Mitsubishi outlander and retrofitted some FX-R projectors from this guys (www.theretrofitsource.com) and in my experience is the only thing I regret in changing my vehicle, anyone interested in this please just be patient I'm just waiting for my parts to arrive and any help or comments would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The cool thing about having the LEDs is the auto-leveling and also the lights that follow the turn of the vehicle.. I wish they were a little bit brighter like the HIDs especially driving in wet conditions. I noticed that the wet black asphalt would absorb the brightness of the lights... Other then that, they do give off a solid beam and better illumination..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts