Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

Anyone experiencing condensation/moisture inside your headlights?
I have a CX3 Touring and have noticed a lot of condensation inside the headlamps and does not seem to dry out. I would assume that these should be sealed and I shouldnt see any moisture. I have an appointment set up at the dealership, but figured I would see if anyone else was experiencing this.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
They show white opaque when lit. There is a TSB. Can you show a photo?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello guys,
Just returning from a 2300 mile road trip to 8 national parts. We encountered all types of nasty weather however little CX-3 performed amazingly. That being said I just noticed some moisture has somehow entered my front left head light. So looks like I have a similar issue here also. I will upload an image shortly.

Cheers
Mick

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey All

Anyone experiencing condensation/moisture inside your headlights?
I have a CX3 Touring and have noticed a lot of condensation inside the headlamps and does not seem to dry out. I would assume that these should be sealed and I shouldnt see any moisture. I have an appointment set up at the dealership, but figured I would see if anyone else was experiencing this.
Yes, I had the exact same issue on the driver's side lamp. Dealer replaced the whole assembly under warranty on mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick follow up on this...

There is apparently a TSB/Service alert on the headlights. At least for certain lot numbers. I do not have any specific (useful) information- just that the service notes call out that it exists.
Just got back from the dealer and got two shiny new headlights installed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe my right front headlight is leaking in water.
Lines of water can be seen inside across the glass after every car was.
Will have my dealer look it up when i will have my service maintenance in about 2-3 months.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Just had our front drivers side headlight replaced under warranty because of this condensation issue. I guess the front bumper needs to come off for them to do the swapout.
Yes it does.

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
My front driver's side light is also showing condensation at times. I've been wary to take it in because I have Xpel film on the entire front of the car. I am not sure if Mazda will replace the film, but I guess I will find out. Does anyone have a link to the TSB?

·
Registered
218 Posts
My front driver's side light is also showing condensation at times. I've been wary to take it in because I have Xpel film on the entire front of the car. I am not sure if Mazda will replace the film, but I guess I will find out. Does anyone have a link to the TSB?
Did a little search and came across this site:
Mazda Cx-3 technical service bulletins
Wow for 2016 :eek:

Hopefully that helps

·
Registered
303 Posts
We started seeing moisture in the rear left tail light after a car wash. We will be taking it into the dealer shortly. I expect better. When the warranty is over, those LED tail lights and headlights are going to cost us a fortune.

Exact same problem, I'm told by dealer, not a warranty issue.

another strike - next brand is shaping up to be NOT a mazda

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Exact same problem, I'm told by dealer, not a warranty issue.

another strike - next brand is shaping up to be NOT a mazda
Try a different dealer. If we can find the TSB, bringing a printed copy will also help. The condensation is definitely an issue with the sealing of the headlight. It will evaporate, and then come back. I have checked all the o-rings on the bulbs and it all looks good. A different dealer SHOULD be able to help you.

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
This is considered as normal in winter here in Finland.
And squeaking noise when applying the brakes is also a normal feature (this is only a summer time problem).
Yea, my headlight looks quite similar to that. It was fine for the first two years of ownership and for some reason now there is a lot of condensation. I will update here when I find out what the dealer is going to do. No way should this be considered "normal."

·
Registered
5 Posts
I came home from a week away and noticed condensation in my headlight exactly like in the TSB: https://mazda.oemdtc.com/1087/excessive-water-intrusion-or-condensation-of-halogen-headlight-2016-2017-mazda-cx-3

I took it to the nearest dealer who told me I was one day out of Warranty (it was a Monday, three year warranty ended the day before being a Sunday). Anyway the guy at the service dept said he would contact Mazda Australia to see what they can do. That was on Monday, its now Thursday and I have heard nothing. I sent a message to Mazda Australia directly to see what is happening today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I came home from a week away and noticed condensation in my headlight exactly like in the TSB: https://mazda.oemdtc.com/1087/excessive-water-intrusion-or-condensation-of-halogen-headlight-2016-2017-mazda-cx-3

I took it to the nearest dealer who told me I was one day out of Warranty (it was a Monday, three year warranty ended the day before being a Sunday). Anyway the guy at the service dept said he would contact Mazda Australia to see what they can do. That was on Monday, its now Thursday and I have heard nothing. I sent a message to Mazda Australia directly to see what is happening today.
All good news. I was contacted by the dealer today and they are ordering in the part for me. Well done Mazda Australia. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts