Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2016 CX3 Sport
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently bought a used 2016 CX-3 Sport, and have been loving everything about it, except the headlights. They're so dim! I drive on roads without street lights fairly often, and luckily not too much traffic to go back and forth between the high beams. What are the possibilities of solving this? New bulbs? Aim them higher? Any advice is much appreciated! 馃檶

Registered
Hey all,

I recently bought a used 2016 CX-3 Sport, and have been loving everything about it, except the headlights. They're so dim! I drive on roads without street lights fairly often, and luckily not too much traffic to go back and forth between the high beams. What are the possibilities of solving this? New bulbs? Aim them higher? Any advice is much appreciated! 馃檶
Assuming you're in the US - Since the main bulbs are a projector housing, I just got some extremely high intensity LED bulbs and those worked famously. I also installed the Winjet branded fog lamps alongside the OEM switch and relay, which help light up the sides of the road a bit.

Registered
2016 CX3 Sport
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you're in the US - Since the main bulbs are a projector housing, I just got some extremely high intensity LED bulbs and those worked famously. I also installed the Winjet branded fog lamps alongside the OEM switch and relay, which help light up the sides of the road a bit.
What LED bulbs did you get to replace the main ones? Going to look around to see what I think would work best so I was hoping to get some ideas to compare.

Registered
I've use the phillips and Osram halogen bulbs. If you check out their sites, it gives some good info. I'm not sure what would be available in you region.
My setup is, Osram Nightbreaks in my Main beams, Osram Night Breaker Laser in the Fogs and the Phillips X-treme vision LED in the high beam.
I don't need to use the high beam much.
Worth mentioning with traditional (filament type bulbs) the life span of the bulb is shorter as the brightness (lummens increase)... and constant on and off (instant heating and cooling) doesn't help with longevity. LED is the best, but not all types are great nor cost friendly.
It may be to your benefit to also check what is your states regulation regarding brightness/colour of the light allowed.
Lastly, white light tends to reflect & refract more in rain and wet weather, yellow-ish light not as much.
I hope this helps, there's alot of info online about all of the above.

Registered
hey, I recently bought these LED headlights on amazon. Works great and hasn鈥檛 flickered or died so far... it鈥檚 been more than a week. The reviews have been well received. We鈥檒l see how long these last. It鈥檚 a plug and play.

Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2 Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Hey all,

Reactions: nitrogen
1 - 5 of 5 Posts