Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My apologies if this is a stupid question, But I am wondering since I bought the CX-3 GS, i did not get the sweet LED headlights, Just the halogen lights. I am wondering if the Halogen headlights that came with it have a projector lens in it. This way I can add and HID kit and get some nice bright lights.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
872 Posts
All models come with projector lens. Adding a HID kit is an easy upgrade.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DJ9999! I had them on my previous car and they were brutally bright without the projector, which I assume made them not street legal. I think in a projector I should be ok. I really like having bright lights for night driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Headlights

I like the fact that I can leave my headlights on bright and when another car approaches the lights will automatically dim. Once past, they will go on bright again. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red, mine came with H11 55W halogen (yellow like the sun haha) I am grabbing a 55W H11 canbus hid kit with the 6000K bulbs soon. I had them on my old car, and I have a serious dislike for the shitty halogens I have now. Kind of miss being given the finger because my lights were so bright.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Headlights

Did you figure out what kind of headlights used to change the stock halogens? I just want to have a brighter/whiter output in my GS model. Can you link me to the product by chance? Thank you!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings from Mexico, my girlfriend just this new CX-3 (Soul Red) it's a beauty. I saw that on the highest trim in the USA you guy get those nice headlights, that personally, they give the car another look. Does anyone know if there's a chance to change the headlights,

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@eddiejuarez welcome to the forums! I am thinking you are asking about the LED headlights that come on the top model in Canada and the USA, I am surprised they don't do that in Mexico. I don't have them on mine either so I will be upgrading to the HID light kit soon. I don't know if you can order the LED setup from Mazda, but I am thinking they will also make you upgrade the wiring harness too. I would maybe wait until they offer an aftermarket kit that will plug and play into the existing wiring harness or keep watching a wreckers yard in case anyone has their CX-3 in an accident and written off. I am not sure if I am correct with the lighting by the way I have explained it, I am sure @anchorman would know forsure!

·
Registered
234 Posts
this may help in what are the differences between the led and non led headlight. its more of a wiring harness differences and assuming you do not have the rain sensor module as that will change a few things.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I'm a bit wary of commenting about this lot because it might not be as straight forward as it seems. It's not just relays and bulbs any more but everything goes through the ESU (electrical supply unit) and so there may be a difference in those too. It would take quite a lot of digging unless Snoogie has a quicker process on his networked computer.

Those LED headlight units are £500 ($750) each here and I know for sure the wiring plug is different so we need to understand very clearly the implications of trying to adapt them. Personally, if mine had come with the bulb type headlights, I wouldn't be at all disappointed as there are so many excellent bulb upgrades available. Fitting HID bulbs is technically illegal here and in any case, I wouldn't go for the blue end colours. Good bulb upgrades can have astonishing results.

Reactions: Levi3xt

·
Registered
234 Posts
i did a little more digging at its a lot more involved. as anchorman mentioned about added modules and connectors to circuits like the ESU, there is changes and additions to the system like High beam control modules and regulators for the LEDs itself among other modules. its not going to be a simple plug in and splice a few things together as depending on what ur car has (rain sensors, auto leveling, etc.) u may need to get these modules and have them programmed into the car which in the long run waaaaaaay to costly. theres probably a reason why having LED headlights isnt much of an option to have on any trim and are only offered on upper trims. I would go with anchorman on this and just upgrade the bulbs or headlight assembly through retrofitting them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello @anchorman and @Snoogie ! I was just reading your posts here from 1 year ago. My CX-3 came with halogen units and I already upgraded to LED bulbs. But I'm still wanting to have LED DRL's!! Do you know if there is any aftermarket option yet? Like the "exact fit" DRL's offered for the Mazda 3 or CX-5. Or have you found an easier/viable way for upgrading to LED units? Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
234 Posts
There isn't any aftermarket headlight units that I have come across so far. The only other option with your headlights is a retrofit as well as adding halos or some other accent lighting. The only thing you can do is what you have done now and that is LED bulbs, especially on how much they have improved to the point that they are not a viable replacement compared to a year ago when they were complicated, dim, and was not properly aimed.

Try looking at this website https://www.theretrofitsource.com/. It was my go to for retrofitting halogen headlights that I did on friends cars in the past.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts