Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever attempted to remove the front headlight housing on their CX-3? I want to install some 3M film on my headlights, and I think the easiest way might be to remove the headlights and then install the film -- but I don't know if removing the headlights is an easy task on this car as it is on other cars. I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to remove.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Wondered what that strange anchor sign in the sky was ;-)

Yes, quite right, bumper off and you'll find the fixings. Snoogie has found you the pdf and it really is quite easy. I sometimes take my bumpers off and take them in the house at night. Don't know if I can be bothered with headlight film though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha, I was hoping any mention of removing the front bumper would not appear in this thread :| But I might give it a shot if it's not entirely too difficult.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Bumpers look nice at each end of the bed!!!

Getting them off is really more about courage than effort. A couple of tips. Use masking tape on the front wings (fenders) to stop the bumper scratching the paint. If the weather is cold, the little teeth that engage the bumper where it meets the fender become quite hard and brittle. In that case you can gently warm them with a hair dryer or warm water before separating them.

Here are a couple of photos;

Like a gorgeous movie star with no make up, looks kinda ugly without it;

....and here’s that tape I was telling you about;

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Oh, and while your at it, pop a second horn in there and piggy back off the wires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your car looks so pristine, Anchorman! Unfortunately for me, my commute to/from work everyday is on an interstate with some pretty heavy industrial traffic -- tons of 18-wheelers and dump trucks and pickup trucks throwing gravel everywhere. The front end of my car is already covered in 3M paint protection film (let me tell you, that DIY was a nightmare, but totally worth it). The second day I drove my new car into work, my windshield suffered a massive chip, which I had to scramble to fix so it wouldn't develop into a crack. Thankfully, I was able to avoid buying a new windshield for a brand new car. Any insight on the headlight removal?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Honestly, when you get that bumper off it is easy. Have a read........

It tells you to disconnect the earth lead on the battery. I don’t, I just leave them switched off. However, for anyone insistent on disconnecting the battery, I should draw your attention to the attached TSB

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've been looking for instructions for adjusting the headlight aiming.
any help would be appreciated?

On some modern cars you can't just turn the adjusting screws before doing some voodoo with diagnostic / test tool.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've been looking for instructions for adjusting the headlight aiming.
any help would be appreciated?

On some modern cars you can't just turn the adjusting screws before doing some voodoo with diagnostic / test tool.
Not on a CX-3. I often use a wall or a board with a cross marked at the headlight centre height and use it to set the main beam..........

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts