Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a CX-3 last night. The left front headlight has condensation inside the housing which I really don't like. Unfortunately, the car has 41k miles so it's past the warranty for this. Does anyone have recommendations how to fix this? I've done this before on a previous car where I removed the housing assembly and ran a silicone seal aroung the entire seal, but for this headlight to remove it I'd have to take off the entire front bumper. Any ideas here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would take it to the dealer first. I had the same problem outside of warranty and they fixed it. Other issues they've fixed under warranty/TSB:
-AC condenser
-spidering/cracks in display

·
Registered
521 Posts
Edit: Just realized I got bamboozled into an old thread revival.

I was just going to suggest the silicone seal around the headlight housing. See if you can find anytiny chips in the headlight lense that couldve cracked into the housing and let allow for condensation/moisture to enter. The other thing could be the a replacement bulb not having the gasket??(assuming non led setup)

The bumper removal seems overwhelming the first few times but after a while it becomes 2nd nature. You can also tell if theres another issue with the headlight if the slots where the bumper pegs slide into are broken. If they are broken or missing (which happens very easy in case of a frontal collision even if minor) There could be underlying damage from the bumper pin brackets snapping off and opening a hole into the housing.

Best of luck

--
Take a look at this for areas where damage might occur, the bumper pin bracket is also broken off here.

In the attached picture you can see the 'square' hole on the right side as a reference, this is where the bumper pins slide into. They should be visible from the engine bay from certain angles.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts