Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bring an old thread back. So did you guys had to buy the Corksport auto-level sensor to make the adjustments or did you simply turn the knob clockwise on each headlights? I have led headlights, GT trim, and no active-sense package (2016).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bring an old thread back. So did you guys had to buy the Corksport auto-level sensor to make the adjustments or did you simply turn the knob clockwise on each headlights? I have led headlights, GT trim, and no active-sense package (2016).
My car has lowering springs and the auto leveling sensor was aiming the headlights way too low. I parked my car in my garage, turned on the lights, took some measurements, and ended up adjusting the aim of the headlights myself. After my measurements and a rough calculation, I marked the location on the wall in front of the car, and then I turned the knobs so that the headlights were 2 more inches higher at the wall that was close to 12 feet away. I then test drove it and it was perfect for me.

If you do not have lowering springs, you can go less than 2 inches, and then do the test drive. Just make sure you do not have one headlight higher than the other.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My car has lowering springs and the auto leveling sensor was aiming the headlights way too low. I parked my car in my garage, turned on the lights, took some measurements, and ended up adjusting the aim of the headlights myself. After my measurements and a rough calculation, I marked the location on the wall in front of the car, and then I turned the knobs so that the headlights were 2 more inches higher at the wall that was close to 12 feet away. I then test drove it and it was perfect for me.

If you do not have lowering springs, you can go less than 2 inches, and then do the test drive. Just make sure you do not have one headlight higher than the other.
Two weeks ago I did what you said, which is what the pdf instructions say. The beam now aims higher which is good. Weirdly, the beams don't do a vertical aim test anymore. It used to do a vertical aim when turning the car and beams on. After the adjustment, the test aim was done from outside to inside (like crossed eyes) and not vertical. A day after, the headlight don't do any aim test at all when turning on the car, but the Adaptive Lightning (which I though didn't have) now work. Every time I turn, I can see the beam opening to follow the turn which is really cool. I have no idea why it wasn't doing that before, and I have not idea why the headlights are not doing any test aim when turning the car on, but I am happy with the results. I hope I don't blind anyone on the road. Do your headlight do any aim test when turning them on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Two weeks ago I did what you said, which is what the pdf instructions say. The beam now aims higher which is good. Weirdly, the beams don't do a vertical aim test anymore. It used to do a vertical aim when turning the car and beams on. After the adjustment, the test aim was done from outside to inside (like crossed eyes) and not vertical. A day after, the headlight don't do any aim test at all when turning on the car, but the Adaptive Lightning (which I though didn't have) now work. Every time I turn, I can see the beam opening to follow the turn which is really cool. I have no idea why it wasn't doing that before, and I have not idea why the headlights are not doing any test aim when turning the car on, but I am happy with the results. I hope I don't blind anyone on the road. Do your headlight do any aim test when turning them on?
My headlights do a side to side adjustment when I turn my car on (not up and down).

The only time that you would have to worry about your headlights having to aim up or down is if you sit some really heavy people in the back seats, or something very heavy in the trunk. That is when the auto leveler would detect the rear of the car sagging down too low, and make the adjustment to lower the headlights (to prevent blinding oncoming drivers). The stock springs are pretty soft.

That will never happen with my car because I also have stiffer lowering springs, so the back end of my car will not sag down like that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My headlights do a side to side adjustment when I turn my car on (not up and down).

The only time that you would have to worry about your headlights having to aim up or down is if you sit some really heavy people in the back seats, or something very heavy in the trunk. That is when the auto leveler would detect the rear of the car sagging down too low, and make the adjustment to lower the headlights (to prevent blinding oncoming drivers). The stock springs are pretty soft.

That will never happen with my car because I also have stiffer lowering springs, so the back end of my car will not sag down like that.
Cool.Thanks for the explanation! My headlights don't do the side test aim anymore, but as long as the Adaptive works okay I am good. I will ask the dealership on my next service too see if they know why.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts