Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my dealer changed my headlights because water was inside, but I think they are missing the covers?

Dealer says thats it doesn't came with the factory.

Can you confirm if yours are the same as the picture? Thank you so much!

IMG_20190626_182244_1561678823134.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do you have halogen headlights? If so, then maybe they should have covers - check the extract from the 2015 Owners Manual below

P.S. As a new forum member, could you please add your car details and an approximate location to your user profile. This information will then automatically show up on all your posts :-

Adding / Editing Location
Click on your highlighted name underneath the FORUMS text near the top of the page
Click on the yellow icon to the right of the Location text
Add relevant location information and click on Save

Adding / Editing Signature
Click on User CP link on r/h side next to Log Out
Click on Edit Signature on the l/h side
Add car details - e.g. year, model, engine size, type of fuel, type of gearbox, paint colour - and click on save signature button. You can preview first if required

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
I cant tell exactly but judging from initial looks on the picture posted it doesnt look like a cover is supposed to be there but only if the cables go outside of the ring, (logically you cant put a cover on it if the wires are on the outside since how are they gonna go inside?). My saturn has headlight covers but the bulb wiring and such is all inside of the unit so it can be covered and the wiring is unplugged in another location from the headlight assembly. I also am wary of the manual instructions since manufacturers sometimes use very generic instructions like a generic mazda halogen bulb replacement step by step in general etc.

·
Registered
491 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all!

My car is 2017, halogen with drl (on hi beams)

I was trying to search on the web, but my headlamp doesn't seems equal as USA specs.

I hope someone with the same headlight could post a picture, so if is true, I can go to the dealer to make reclaim.

Since the dealer changed both sides, I can't tell if there was a bulb cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
US here. YES, there are rubber gaskets on both bulbs (high and low beam) on mine. It looks like on your version there is a cap/cover on the inner lens rather than a bulb, but the outer lens/bulb does have a rubber gasket on mine. The part number is N066-51-0A1A. Parts 7 and 9 on the exploded view.

image host

1 - 10 of 10 Posts