Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is weird and I don't see a discussion about it in the manual. Yes, there are occasions when I go faster than the posted speed limit. The Nav system will show the speed limit in red when I am doing that. BUT, on a couple of occasions, I've had the car actually tell me (in that nice lady's voice) "Reduce your speed. Reduce your speed. Reduce your speed." I wasn't speeding excessively, just going with the flow of traffic. Any ideas on this? Is it sensitive to police radars? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Yes, there is a police camera warning system that is configurable in the settings or nav settings menu.

Reactions: DebbieinNorCal

·
Registered
137 Posts
OK, this is weird and I don't see a discussion about it in the manual. Yes, there are occasions when I go faster than the posted speed limit. The Nav system will show the speed limit in red when I am doing that. BUT, on a couple of occasions, I've had the car actually tell me (in that nice lady's voice) "Reduce your speed. Reduce your speed. Reduce your speed." I wasn't speeding excessively, just going with the flow of traffic. Any ideas on this? Is it sensitive to police radars? Thanks in advance.
I haven't had it do the speed thing but it goes nuts near school zone where it shouts "School Zone, School Zone, School Zone" Ok at first but we live near 5 different schools and it drives us crazy!!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Yelling and shouting is a bit dramatic. It's a calm voice that urges the driver to slow down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL!!! Yes, it is a vry calm, but insistent voice that interferes with the music, hence quite startling. That is SO awesome!! So glad that option is there!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
LOL!!! Yes, it is a vry calm, but insistent voice that interferes with the music, hence quite startling. That is SO awesome!! So glad that option is there!!!
Yes it is a calm voice but nonetheless quite insistent. Hard to leave my home during the day without passing at least 4 separate school zones. When you do a few errands each weekday it can wear a bit thin after a while.

·
Registered
137 Posts
there is a setting in the Navigation to turn the Audible warning off and just have a visual warning
Whilst that is true it turns it off totally. My point is that it doesn't need to tell me 4 or 5 times at EACH school zone - just once at each would be sufficient. It is a small first world issue but unique nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Whilst that is true it turns it off totally. My point is that it doesn't need to tell me 4 or 5 times at EACH school zone - just once at each would be sufficient. It is a small first world issue but unique nonetheless.
My nav lady gets on my nerves sometimes. She'll warn me about a camera coming up maybe half a mile away but then she's like a cracked record while I'm still approaching in the higher speed limit. Furthermore, she's got the volume knob on the radio so there's no escaping her. I've been looking for the "leave me alone, I get it button" but no luck so far.

Reactions: Cyclone1410

·
Registered
893 Posts
I thought you could turn off some of those "friendly reminders". For example I have set speed and camera warnings to visual only. My nav lady doesn't nag me :)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I thought you could turn off some of those "friendly reminders". For example I have set speed and camera warnings to visual only. My nav lady doesn't nag me :)
Disabled the poor lady today;)

Reactions: Jay

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wish I could change the voice on the Nav, It would be so much better!

Reactions: Cyclone1410
1 - 14 of 14 Posts