Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to put on the hack that makes mute pause the CD; but am terrified of trashing it. Anyone tried the hacks?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did it when my CMU was version 55 (which the hack was meant for, no problems) but now that I am on version 59, I have not tried it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I applied a lot of the hacks today and everything seems to work great, but I am on V55.00.753. The only thing I noticed is that it seems to take a little longer to boot when I start the car, but I did include the custom background w/rotating images hack and I don't know if that's what's causing the lag. It boots up with the original background first, then a second later the custom background comes up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I applied AIO tweak and trashed my 3 day old cx3's MZD
3 weeks later no luck from getting mazda to fix it or fix it from forums suggestions.
In my opinion forget the hacks, I still don't bhave a solution have even contacted head office and they wont reply back.
Just don't risk it , I might have to fork out $1000 for new mzd

·
Registered
142 Posts
3 weeks later no luck from getting mazda to fix it or fix it from forums suggestions.
In my opinion forget the hacks, I still don't bhave a solution have even contacted head office and they wont reply back.
Are you telling us that the Mazda dealer turned you away (meaning that they would not even try to fix it)? Or the dealer tried to fix it but was unsuccessful (meaning they'd have to order you a new MZD system)? If it's the former, then that makes zero sense, and the dealer is being an dick. Go to another dealer. If it's the latter, then are they (the dealer) saying that you broke it so you have to pay to fix it? If so, then IMO they're still being a dick since you have a brand new car. Case-in-point: when I had to have my AD replaced after one month of ownership (collector screen had adhesive gunk on it), it was covered, no questions asked. Now, I certainly expected Mazda to cover this since the car was delivered new to me with the adhesive on the display. However the service advisor told me that this dealer has had to replace a bunch of AD collectors mainly due to the owners trying to force the screen down, thus damaging it. He said the dealer still warrantied the repair even though it wasn't the car's fault.

In any event, I agree it's best not to hack the system.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your normal dealer would not even understand what the hacks were and certainly would not attempt to correct the issues.

If they can't get to the update firmware screen then Their answer will be to remove the MZD and replace it.

Massive overkill.

I am always a bit shy of using the all in one hack as all the individual hacks were built for so many different versions of the operating system.

One of my hacks is in that build and while it is very simple I have only tested it on certain Australian firmwares.

If you are trying to recover your unit there are good instructions on the other Mazda forums of how to progress.

For the original poster, I think many hacks are harmless and won't cause any issues just don't apply more than one at a time and follow the instructions carefully.

I actually prefer to telnet into the MZD and copy all files to a backup that may be changed then apply my updates one at a time.

I can then copy back any single file rather than doing a full firmware write.

The hack your looking at I should less likely to harm if things go wrong as it's not part of the boot process like te ones that change disclaimer etc.

Also always have a download of the full firmware on a USB so you can go back to standard if things don't go as planned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't believe a Mazda dealer on a 3 day old car with a infotainment that just stopped working would deny you, but anything is possible. Did you use AIO V2.2? That is made for the newer FW versions of the CMU. If you have FW 58.xxx, then you probably should not have tried to install any of the tweaks. If you do not know which FW version you had, you really shouldn't have tried to install any of the tweaks. But really they have made fixing it pretty simple. All you have to do is create an uninstall USB and run it in the car and it will reverse everything that was done. And definitely do not install Android Auto. It's still way to buggy for the system.

Anyway, here's a couple picks of the hacks I did on V2 over the past couple of days. And of course V2.2 with more hacks just came out, so now back to hacking!

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
My simple solution to pause CD/USB is to have an unwired & cut down jack plug in the Aux socket and then use voice control, saying "Go to Aux". Then say "Go to USB1" whenever I want to go back to listening to the music on my memory stick from the point I left it. :nerd:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My simple solution to pause CD/USB is to have an unwired & cut down jack plug in the Aux socket and then use voice control, saying "Go to Aux". Then say "Go to USB1" whenever I want to go back to listening to the music on my memory stick from the point I left it. :nerd:
Not exactly elegant, but if you are on the navigation screen, it is probably best. Why couldn't the mute button just pause the CD?!
Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you do something to your vehicle like a mod or a hack you can't expect a dealer to fix your screwup,I know it's harsh but how can you expect a dealer to fix something you did?

·
Registered
893 Posts
If you do something to your vehicle like a mod or a hack you can't expect a dealer to fix your screwup,I know it's harsh but how can you expect a dealer to fix something you did?
There's always a risk you can screw something up, but it can be worth the risk. Like having a very well functioning Android Auto on mine :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
There's always a risk you can screw something up, but it can be worth the risk. Like having a very well functioning Android Auto on mine :)
That's great and there is nothing wrong with a mod or hack that works but if you screw up the mod or hack you can't expect the dealer to fix it for nothing.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I know that, and I've made that same warning on other threads as well. I knew full well if I screwed something up I wouldn't expect Mazda to fix the infotainment system for free. They probably will still fix it under warranty but I wouldn't be mad if they didn't.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Finally! The sentence that caught my eye was:

"...both technologies "should be retroactively upgradeable onto all Mazda Connect systems with a potentially minimal hardware addition needed."

I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
About damn time!

I do believe them that it is retroactively upgradeable. If a bunch of amateurs have been able to get a decently working Android Auto onto the 2014 and 2015 models, Mazda can do it too.

I'm more than likely getting the new CX-5 later this year, hopefully by then Android Auto will be officially available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts