Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CX 3 is less than a year old, and I am going to take it in to the dealership for these reasons:

-passenger light (red) has come on without passenger being seated (apart from miscellany small items on seat)
- door lock didn't engage until much past 40K
-vehicle dinging no maintenance or warning guide alert but the icon indicating engine was cold

I know this list isn't extensive but I wonder if its indicative of wrong things to come!
And, these are not consistent events.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Somebody else mentioned the passenger seat was sensitive, not sure what you mean about the door lock. You mean the drive away locking stopped working? Does the blue engine cold light come on when hot?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Drive away locking?

I wish
Yeah, me too. Standard rest of the world but absent on the island that pays more than the rest of the world.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the auto locking doors upon driving as well, there may be a setting in the menu you will need to click. I am also having the same issue where my passenger light and warning sound come on when I even have something as small as 2lbs on the seat!! I don't want another airbag exploding if I am ever in an accident and there is nobody in that seat. I will be taking mine in soon to get it fixed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, my passenger seat light was on but only a few times, not consistently. What is the (weight) threshold that the light would go on indicating a passenger is present?

And I believe the door lock can be cycled on/off in settings but I haven't checked. The time it occurred was when I had been driving for awhile (over 10 km/p/h) and it suddenly clicked locked. Normally it does that just as I accelerate from parked.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I know there are multiple setting for the auto door locks, such as locking as soon as you put the car in D, or after hitting a certain speed. You may wanna check the settings.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was told by Mazda UK that "there was no call for it"

Quite how they came to this conclusion I really don't know.
What a terrible excuse to not include a software-controlled option that's already developed and implemented for most of the rest of the world. It literally costs them nothing to implement besides being another laundry-list item the dealer techs might need to troubleshoot if it starts acting up. In fact, it probably costs them more to maintain a separate software release that has the feature removed.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
What a terrible excuse to not include a software-controlled option that's already developed and implemented for most of the rest of the world. It literally costs them nothing to implement besides being another laundry-list item the dealer techs might need to troubleshoot if it starts acting up. In fact, it probably costs them more to maintain a separate software release that has the feature removed.
Its mighty strange. We get a glove box light! A 50c option that you don’t get???

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
My passenger airbag turns off when I have my messenger bag and lunch box on the passenger seat.

The owner's manual from my USDM 2016 CX-3 goes into detail about how to change the automatic locking/unlocking behavior by using the door lock button on the driver's door. Have you guys across the pond tried this to see if they just left the documentation out?

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Canada doesn't get it either.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It is in the European version of the Mazda CX-3 Owner's Manual, with a * marking meaning "Some models". Of course, to save a few pence / cents on all CX-3 models sold in the UK at least - not sure about the rest of Europe - the car doesn't have the switch fitted. So the facility to set an Auto Lock / Unlock function isn't available :(

·
Super Moderator
547 Posts
Wait, the driver's door doesn't have the usual lock/unlock rocker switch?!?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wait, the driver's door doesn't have the usual lock/unlock rocker switch?!?
Correct, not the usual one on the panel next to the window switches. All we have is what is called a door lock knob, located by the door handle. This just allows either all doors to be locked or unlocked when it is rocked on or off. So it doesn't give the flexibility of multiple pushes in order to change the functioning of the auto lock feature.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Its mighty strange. We get a glove box light! A 50c option that you don’t get???
You've got a glove box light! Well that settles it - I'm selling tomorrow! Kidding, of course. As to the "passenger air bag is off", mine only alights (in yellow) when I put my briefcase and an added item (or sometimes my tiny wife) in the passenger seat. It is meant as a warning in case I stupidly put my five-year-old or three-year-old up front, which I never do. In normal operations (i.e., nothing on the seat) it is off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have noticed the sensitivity of the Passenger Seat airbag/lseatbelt warning. I lay a bag, or even something as light as a cellphone and it alarms. I buckle the seatbelt and it stops the seatbelt alarm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
-vehicle dinging no maintenance or warning guide alert but the icon indicating engine was cold

In my US manual, it states that instead of an engine temperature gauge, there is just a multicolored indicator. BLUE when engine is cold so no warm air is available for heater or defrost yet. The light goes dark when the engine is at a normal operating temperature and the heater and defrost should work, and RED if the engine is overheating.

Blue is just for convenience, it really isn't a warning and the car is safe to be driven in a mechanical sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts