Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I swapped my Night Breaker Unlimited to Standard H9 from Sylvania for my low beams, the H11 isn't very satisfactory for me, before I had a Mazda 3 that I retrofitted with morimoto mini D2S from retrofitsource, I don't want PnP HID kit and I'm not ready for another retrofit since I had trouble with moisture in the headlight with my last car. I've done my research on google, read a few forums about that and what I'm afraid the most is it could melt the sockets due to the extra heat.:confused::confused::confused: I'm unsure if I want to keep the H9, what do you guys think? Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did the H11 to H9 switch a couple of months ago with no heating issues. Based on what I've read elsewhere by people who have had this conversion for a long time and in my limited experience, you won't have any problems. Not enough extra heat to do damage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi

I swapped my Night Breaker Unlimited to Standard H9 from Sylvania for my low beams, the H11 isn't very satisfactory for me, before I had a Mazda 3 that I retrofitted with morimoto mini D2S from retrofitsource, I don't want PnP HID kit and I'm not ready for another retrofit since I had trouble with moisture in the headlight with my last car. I've done my research on google, read a few forums about that and what I'm afraid the most is it could melt the sockets due to the extra heat.:confused::confused::confused: I'm unsure if I want to keep the H9, what do you guys think? Here are a few pics.
Is this simple to do? I'm holding off purchasing an HID conversion. Just low of funds right now :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is this simple to do? I'm holding off purchasing an HID conversion. Just low of funds right now :p
It's Pretty simple, I've used a small wire cutter to remove a tab in the middle of the H9 bulb
and then a nail polisher to remove the surplus. Then Had to trim a few mm
like the bulb on the right. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
excellent, thank you so much!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts