Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I bought a used 2016 CX-3 with 6000 miles and a titanium flash exterior back in December. It's been GREAT. I park my car in a parking garage and a couple of weeks ago I started noticing these dings on the side of my car (see attached pic). Turns out the guy that parks next to me has been opening his car door into mine, or likely his kid. Not much I can do because I can't exactly prove it was him. Anyway, I bought the below supplies and I'm looking to use the paint pen to repair it the best I can.

-Paint Pen

-Turtle Wax Polishing and Rubbing Compound
-Some Microfiber towels

Any suggestions on the best way to go about this???

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Infuriating!

I always begin with the youtube advice of the more experienced.

EDIT: Just rinsed off the wife's HR-V ... 1/2" by 1/8" scrape on the right rear door ... not dented, but it's down to the primer ::--((.

So now I gotta' go watch me some youtubes!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bummer! Post an update if you can. I plan on doing mine this weekend. So I'll make sure to post pics.
On a second, closer look, it may be that we simply have paint transferred from the offender's door. I'll try rubbing it out (with white comound) this afternoon.

Otherwise, I've never tried it, and it's rather expensive, but www.drcolorchip.com is recommended by many as relatively simple and effective. Judging from the youtubes I've seen, if simply rubbing out our scrape doesn't work, I plan on giving it a try (first on her HR-V ;-)

EDIT: Luckily mine was only paint transfer ... 2 minutes with light rubbing compound did the trick. However, I do see the HR-V's flat door panels do dent rather easily. But from the youtube demos, I think drcolorchip is the best DIY solution for your chips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts