Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my back 5 windows done today! Thought I would share how it looks on the Dynamic Blue Mica. I like how the roof has that floating effect now.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
Looks sharp. Ties in with the black.

Too bad you guys can't tint the driver/passenger windows.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks dj999. Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind the no tint on the front windows. However it would look even better if I could have all the windows just as black as the back windows. Especially being a Ginger and how easily I burn haha. I will find someone that installs the clear UV window film soon.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The tinted windows do look nice. I like how it makes the difference between the windows and that black body panel basically seamless.

You can see a big difference between the front and rear passenger windows. I'm wondering if it would have all fit together a little better if you went with just a tiny bit lighter tint so the difference wasn't as much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about going a bit lighter, I am so used to dark tint as all my vehicles have been this dark. I thought about doing a light tint to the front, however with the dark interior and the black windows it would make the front look a lot darker than normal. I may still do so, just trying to make sure my fiance doesn't get tickets when she drives :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got my back 5 windows done today! Thought I would share how it looks on the Dynamic Blue Mica. I like how the roof has that floating effect now.
Jealous of your ride. And so going to be getting mine tinted. I was on the fence and then I looked into it and read all of the horror stories and decided it wasn't for me, but the pics you posted make me want to give it a go.

Reactions: 1362

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jealous of your ride. And so going to be getting mine tinted. I was on the fence and then I looked into it and read all of the horror stories and decided it wasn't for me, but the pics you posted make me want to give it a go.
Baystate, what were the horror stories you have heard? The only issues i've had with tint was tickets due to the front windows on my old car. I had a hrd time driving for the first few weeks with the windows not being tinted on my CX-3. It is worth doing, especially with our dark interior. Helps keep the vehicle cooler and also a bit more private.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks good. Plan on tinting our ceramic silver as soon as we get it. Lucky for me, illinois changed their front window law a few years ago.

@ohgeez I just got my Ceramic Metallic tinted this past week with 35% ceramic tints. I think it looks great and keeps the car cool (temperature). * I also live in Illinois!

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
@ohgeez I just got my Ceramic Metallic tinted this past week with 35% ceramic tints. I think it looks great and keeps the car cool (temperature). * I also live in Illinois!
Ohhhh man that looks perfect. Just ordered/bought the car today. They need to locate a dealer that has a ceramic gt now. Thanks for the pics. I have yet to see a cx3 on the road .

·
Registered
47 Posts
35% is the legal limit where I live.
This looks awfully dark...now do things look from 'inside' the car, looking out. That would be the only thing that concerns me. Given the rather meager window space, I would really need to see how it looks before I did that. I've never had a tint...but probably will on the next car I own.

·
Registered
20 Posts
35% is the legal limit where I live.
This looks awfully dark...now do things look from 'inside' the car, looking out. That would be the only thing that concerns me. Given the rather meager window space, I would really need to see how it looks before I did that. I've never had a tint...but probably will on the next car I own.

I see what you mean regarding the darkness of the tints. I really think it may have been that they were just put on when I had taken the photo and there wasn't too much sun out at the time. Either way, I really enjoy the privacy and I have no problem with the view from inside to out. It actually helps a lot with the lights from other cars late at night. I took some pictures today and it's the 4th day with the tints.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for posting up the pics of the Ceramic GT. Now i know what mine will look like. I travel between NH,ME,MA, and NH so i have to go with the most stringent limits between them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't know about cooler but the tint does block the sun's rays and helps prevent the yearly driver's tan from developing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Andre, I am in Illinois also. Where did you have the tint in done? Are you satisfied with the workmanship?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts