Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I believe I've been offered a very good deal but I'm still a little suspicious. I'm interested in a soul red GT AWD with all-weather mats, bumper guard, clear paint protection and a cargo net.

The MRSP is $27,715. The invoice price is $26,918. I contacted a dealership through the internet and asked for his quote. His offer is $26,420 which is $498 under invoice. The out-the-door price is $28,276. The trade-in quote for my 2009 Subaru with 96K was fair.

I'm not sure if I will lease or buy. I usually buy. However, the lease deal also sounds good but it is based on the invoice price of $26,682 (minus the rear bumper and paint protection) For 12K/yr, the money factor is .00001. $615 due at signing. $333.73 a month for 36 months, if I take a check for my used car. I will need to ask him why the lease offer is not based on the his original quote minus the clear paint protection and the bumper guard.

Am I missing something or does this sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
23 Posts
500 below invoice sounds like a good deal. I worked hard to get mine 500 under invoice. I had to walk out. At the end they agreed to all my terms including raising my trade in by 2k. Usually new model cars they won't budge much. Sounds like a good deal to me. My white gt with i-activsense was 27,749 before taxes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just emailed the dealer to check on the sale price because it just sounds too good to be true and sure enough, it is! He says it is the price without accessories. WTF! I built the car and asked for a price quote. I was expecting the price to include what I asked for!!! Ugh!

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are plenty of dealers out there. Go shop around armed with figures to compare and wave under their noses.

I leased mine in Columbus, Ohio, at Byers Mazda just 3 weeks ago. They did a great job and the nationwide lease offers from Mazda are superb. Not sure if those deals are still active, but your lease offer was good, so it sounds like those offers are still going on.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I paid 26120 before taxes/license for a GT without the electronic driver nanny package. That was in August when the CX3 first came out. If you shop at end of a month of the end of a quarter, the dealers are usually trying to make sales goals and will be more flexible to make the deal.

·
Registered
893 Posts
What kind of accessories were you trying to get with it? That's about how much I paid for my car as well, a few hundred below invoice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What kind of accessories were you trying to get with it? That's about how much I paid for my car as well, a few hundred below invoice.
A few hundred below dealer invoice, (the dealers cost), or MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price). You have to be more clear about your use of terms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A few hundred below dealer invoice, (the dealers cost), or MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price). You have to be more clear about your use of terms.

He said "below invoice" can not get anymore clear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
He said "below invoice" can not get anymore clear.
Who's invoice? His or the dealers??

If he means the dealer invoice I still don't understand why they are selling CX3s for less than they are paying for them unless the dealer invoice price is misrepresented, or there are some pretty good factory incentives making it worth while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
His or the dealers? The heck you talking about. Everyone else here knows what everyone is saying except for you. And yes you can get a car below dealers invoice. I do it everytime. Awd with i-activsense in white msrp. 29,250 ish got it for 27,749 which is about 500 below invoice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With the accessories the price will be about $200.00 over invoice. I am still waiting for two other dealers to give me their quotes.

Zweetz31 what is your secret to getting $500 below invoice?

·
Registered
893 Posts
What's unclear about invoice? There are two terms, invoice and MSRP like you said. No one ever pays MSRP and I was able to negotiate and get a little under the dealer's invoice price. Trust me they're never losing money. If they did, they would never sell the car. I've seen plenty of cars advertised at a few thousand below invoice, usually older stock the dealer is trying to get rid of. Dealers can afford to sell cars below invoice because they make up the money from used car sales and overpriced service departments.

·
Registered
90 Posts
$500 below invoice for the stock trim is still a good deal. You can negotiate the add-ons separately (which are usually poor buys from the dealer).

The thing to watch out for is the leasing or financing rates. This is where a lot of dealers will make money.

Just keep negotiating - play the dealerships against each other. Get a low quote and ask the other to beat it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dealers almost never buy their cars for invoice. They always get it lower. They have dealer incentives and holdbacks. They will always make money on a deal. Always walk out. Never buy the car for what they offer you. I came in knowing 100% what I will pay and what my finance rate will be. It was 1.9% and they gave me 5. I said Mazda got it for 1.9%. So they gave me 1.9%. Walk if you have to. I walked out and they ran after me to sell me the car. Walk and go to another dealer and try to get a better price. They will usually match or do better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
With the accessories the price will be about $200.00 over invoice. I am still waiting for two other dealers to give me their quotes.

Zweetz31 what is your secret to getting $500 below invoice?
Accessories can always be bought somewhere else for cheaper. I never buy accessories from dealers. $200 sounds good if it's with accessories. There are people out there who pays over invoice and msrp for the car.......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Truecar will give you the invoice price. The dealer also will print out a sheet and let you see the invoice price. They do that to say "oh we bought it at x amount" so they can't sell it to you for below what they buy it for. In reality they get it below invoice.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yep TrueCar is your friend. The dealer tried to screw me on my trade-in after we had negotiated the price of the CX-3, they wanted to give me $11k for a clean 2012 Kia Optima hybrid with under 30k miles lol. I was ready to walk out but the manager finally offered me $13.5k, much closer to what I was asking. He was trying to say he's only making $10 on this deal haha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts