Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, tech wizards! I have a Canadian market 2016 cx3 gt. I want to raise the driver's seat - literally. I'm not as tall as I once was, and would like to have a better view over the hood (bonnet) - maybe even to the right front corner, or close to it. I already have the internal seat mechanism raised to its highest level. I want to place some spacers between the seat frame and the mounting points on the floor; I'm thinking 19mm (3/4"), maybe a bit more. Are there any air bags in or near the seat itself I need to be concerned about blowing up in my face?

Thanks for your thoughts.

geoff

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hello, tech wizards! I have a Canadian market 2016 cx3 gt. I want to raise the driver's seat - literally. I'm not as tall as I once was, and would like to have a better view over the hood (bonnet) - maybe even to the right front corner, or close to it. I already have the internal seat mechanism raised to its highest level. I want to place some spacers between the seat frame and the mounting points on the floor; I'm thinking 19mm (3/4"), maybe a bit more. Are there any air bags in or near the seat itself I need to be concerned about blowing up in my face?

Thanks for your thoughts.

geoff
Ayuh, I'm with you on the shortening. Some don't approve, but I went up 30mm with these for the Ergomed Recaro I installed. You'll need a TORX driver (as I recall T12) to remove the OEM bolts. Most importantly, you'll need longer, hardened bolts. I don't remember the size but you can check it at your local hardware store (me, Lowes).

As always, disconnect the battery if you're worried about the air bags. And yes, there is an air bag in the seat back.

P.S. I used these from eBay: M10 1.25x50mm Allen Head Cap Screws.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I always wanted to sit a bit higher than the seat allows. Let us know if the spacers make a noticeable difference. Looks like something I might want to try for myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts