·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm thinking I am the first CX-3 customer...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Would not be surprised, especially given the way other "tuning" threads have been responded to here.

I don't mind being a lab rat. Just hope it gets resolved soon...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Would not be surprised, especially given the way other "tuning" threads have been responded to here.
Yea, I never understand the thinking that cars like this aren't worth tuning, blah, blah, blah.

Who couldn't use an extra 15-30hp and 15-30tq at the wheels? I mean seriously? That is at the wheels! This is what his tunes are showing on Mazda 3s and that will be VERY noticeable in day to day driving.

I remember the days when we would get excited when a set of $1000 aluminum heads would net 50hp at the flywheel on a small block Ford or Chevy. Trust me, that is a ton more work than installing a tune...

I tune and modify EVERYTHING....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yea, I never understand the thinking that cars like this aren't worth tuning, blah, blah, blah.

Who couldn't use an extra 15-30hp and 15-30tq at the wheels? I mean seriously? That is at the wheels! This is what his tunes are showing on Mazda 3s and that will be VERY noticeable in day to day driving.

I remember the days when we would get excited when a set of $1000 aluminum heads would net 50hp at the flywheel on a small block Ford or Chevy. Trust me, that is a ton more work than installing a tune...

It really depends where you live. Here in the UK, the majority of roads now are so busy all day that another 15-300hp - let alone 15-30hp - would be used very little. With our speed limits now controlled by cameras - especially the average types over a length of road - a driver can earn points on their licence relatively easily and once you've collected 12 then your licence is lost for a period of time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It really depends where you live. Here in the UK, the majority of roads now are so busy all day that another 15-300hp - let alone 15-30hp - would be used very little. With our speed limits now controlled by cameras - especially the average types over a length of road - a driver can earn points on their licence relatively easily and once you've collected 12 then your licence is lost for a period of time.

God.... I feel sorry for you. I know the guys from the old Top Gear used to complain about your draconian traffic laws.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Good news! A software update is ready. I am going to try to load my base tune after work. Maybe if the weather permits, I can try it tomorrow on the road.

·
Registered
110 Posts

I am the same way... and 10 to 20% more hp/tq at the wheels is VERY noticeable in a light weight car like this... Not to mention anything else in the tune that could improve throttle response, shifts, red line, etc.

Good news! A software update is ready. I am going to try to load my base tune after work. Maybe if the weather permits, I can try it tomorrow on the road.
COOL!! Looking forward to an update!!! Btw, what's the price for the whole tuning package (if you don't mind me asking)??

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
With the throttle upgrade and shipping it was $610. $589 before shipping.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
New software... same error message... Not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Gonna wait and see what happens. This is not on OV's side, but instead on the MazdaEdit side. I guess there needs to be support for my specific ECU before it can properly load the tune. The update I got was supposed to do that, but it didn't. So, now I wait...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The base tune is now loaded. The MazdaEdit software now supports my ECU. Started her up and it purrs like a kitten. I had the idle increased to get rid of the common CX-3 idle bumpiness. I probably won't get to drive it today, but I hope to get a few logs in tomorrow so I can move on to tune #2 .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Drove it to work today. You can tell a definite difference even with OV telling me that they have only made minor tweaks so far. Mostly I have a more linear throttle, a definite increase in responsiveness and torque; enough to feel and we have just started. For the most part, I am surprised with the smoothness. Way smoother than stock.

Gonna do logs this evening after work...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Drove it to work today. You can tell a definite difference even with OV telling me that they have only made minor tweaks so far. Mostly I have a more linear throttle, a definite increase in responsiveness and torque; enough to feel and we have just started. For the most part, I am surprised with the smoothness. Way smoother than stock.

Gonna do logs this evening after work...
So you send a couple data logs and they create a custom tune specific to your vehicle, right? Typically, they require a higher octane gas, is that the case with OV, too?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes, that is correct. And at least 91 octane. I have 93 in WV.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
He can tune for lower octane if you request it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just did my first datalogging session. Just turned in the first datalog.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts