Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I'm the proud owner of a CX3 Sport Nav. Not done many miles as yet, but already have a problem...
When it was icy last week I tried to open the car, but the wing mirrorws wouldn't come out. Presumably iced up. Today I try to drive it and the wing mirrors still won't come out, and the i-start sytem is not working. I presume a fuse has blown somewher. I've Googled and You tubed and can find two fuse boxes, but nowhere does it mention fuses that cover either of these things. There are several shown as management fuses, so I presume it must be one, or more of them.

So far these are the only things that seem not to be working.

Do any of you experts know which particular fuse I should be looking to replace?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
I sorted my problem. Part user error, part too much techy stuff.

First the mirrors. In amongst all the buttons on the driver's door is a button that controls the mirrors. Will lock them closed, will retract them to pass obstructions or will keep them permanently out. My local dealers said that they get one owner per fortnight who struggles with this button. It isn't very clear in the handbook, and sales guys never explain it. Have a look see in the little cluster; you might be surprised at what can be done!!!

Then the i-start. That's a total PIA. Again, according to the dealer there are 13 micro processors that have an impact on i-start. if one of these says no then it doesn't work. The main one is battery level. I-start won't cut in if battery is less than 75% charged. Don't think that a long run will sort it. If you have radio, air con, lights etc on the battery won't be charged enough. I've known it work/not work at junctions 100 yards apart. Best advice from dealer was to ignore what seems to be, but isn't a problem. They reckon the whole system is too complicated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We don't have i-Start here in the States. However it is just as complicated as the Auto Hold function. It has to meet 20+ criteria before the Auto Hold function works. Sometimes when you come to a stop, it'll take several seconds in order for it to engage as it's constantly checking for proper conditions. Just keep driving as you would, it's not the end of the world if it intermittently doesn't work. Thankfully a fault light would illuminate if a problem occurs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts