Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am owning my CX-3 for almost a year. I fill-up my car quite often when the tank is low around 50% most of the time. Last 2 months, I forgot to fill-up and petrol level dropped to less than 25% and I noticed the fuel light on the dashboard did not change the colour from White to Yellow/Orange.

In my memory, I remember my car shows the Yellow/Orange light when the tank is less than 25% few times (as it should be).

I brought my car to Mazda dealer, they plugged the machine and read all the error code but could not see any error at all.

I took this photo yesterday, shows the tank is almost empty but the fuel light is still White.

Could any of you please help me to confirm your CX-3 shows the same thing or the light changes to Yellow?

I suspect the fuel sensor on my car is not working.

Thanks for your help!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
That's not the fuel light. It shows which side the filler is on. You'll know when the fuel light comes on and it is backed up on the centre display.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats not the fuel light :)

Mine doesn't turn on until I have about 2 of those bars left; definitely quite a bit less then 25%. Probably closer to 10-15%

·
Registered
226 Posts
According to the Owners Manual :-

"The light turns on when the remaining fuel is about 9.0 L (2.3 US gal, 1.9 Imp gal)."

So as the capacity of the fuel tank is 2WD 48.0 L (12.7 US gal, 10.6 Imp gal) or 4WD 44.0 L (11.6 US gal, 9.68 Imp gal), the yellow dash light coming on will be roughly when you have just under or over 20% left on either model. Note that Mazda recommend "keeping the tank over 1/4 full."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts